Winter starts now...

Massimo
Massimo Posts: 318
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
This morning I ditched the short sleeves and arm warmers in favour of a base layer and long sleeves plus full finger gloves (first time since March)...winter is officially here. :wink:
Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
FCN: 2

Comments

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    It's only autumn actually. You'll have to wait till 22nd December for the start of winter.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It's bloody cold today, though I think that may be to do with the wind chill factor rather than anything else. I'm glad that I've got full length bib tights.

Getting my dad to go to Aldi today to get a couple of the winter jackets for me. Not having winter gloves my hands have been freezing the last couple of days, though again probably due to the wind chill.

This is my first time commuting through the winter, hopefully it won't so bad as to make it my last.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Aye, today was the first 3 layer day of the year (the thin fleece has been added to the mix). I did stick the hat on under the helmet too but as soon as I stepped outside I realised I was being a tiny bit soft - not that cold just yet! And I'm still in shorts 8)
  • Another lovely morning today though, even if it was a bit chilly

Everyone was in a good mood, 3 seperate people said hello including a charming lady on a Pompino fixed and some dude complemented me on my forks :D
    <a>road</a>
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I'd rather cold than wet any day

Now, where's my nearest Aldi? Oh Bu99er, am off to France at the weekend, no chance of getting there in time

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I was only wearing a long-sleeved running top with windproof front, jeans, and my summer mitts, as I haven't got round to getting proper gloves yet. I warmed up after about five minutes and had to push the sleeves up.

A lady in a Merc let me turn right in front of her, I nearly fell off my bike in surprise but she got a smile and a wave once I'd recovered.

Other cyclists never acknowledge me though, they all seem to have this 'staring straight ahead every man for himself' look about them. I get more smiles from peds because if they're dithering in the middle of the road I tend to slow and let them go rather than bellowing at them/whizzing past them a la most of my fellow cyclists.
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    This morning was the first time I thought I needed a long sleeved top and tights, unfortunately I havent got them in yet so it was still arm warmers and shorts... Doesnt help that Im currently suffering a case of man flue either :(.
  • Gambatte
    Gambatte Posts: 1,453
    Decathlons got a sale on with their gloves as well
  • Stupid question...

How much snow do you generally have to deal with in winter?