Kysyrium ES buckling

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2007 in Workshop
Had a pair of these fitted to my new bike....after 2 runs the back wheel started to warp....retrued it with the key supplied...again after one more run it warped...this time retrued and tensioned wheel up 1/4 turn on every spoke....after a recent 70 miler my wheel warped twice!...by now I was carrying the true key with me....I;m having it sent back to Mavic through Probikekit.com....the front wheel is fine.

Has anyone else suffered this on the Kysyrium ES?.....want to know if I should just ditch them for more trustworthy wheels....mega hacked off...300 buck for a wheel and it continually buckles...

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    take it back
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Anonymous
    maddog 2 wrote:
    take it back

Well thanks a lot for that piece of advice...just amazing what great feedback you get back from this forum.......thanks a not
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'd send it back, get it sorted, then try it out when it comes back.

If it stays true - your happy.

If it still suffers from the same problems, I'd be thinking about a different set of wheels.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ..this time retrued and tensioned wheel up 1/4 turn on every spoke....

Lucky that they are taking it back. Over tension could make the problem worse.

BTW this series of wheels has the best record of all some of the 2000 and before models are still out there without ever being touched by a spoke key.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    RICHYBOYcp wrote:
    Well thanks a lot for that piece of advice...just amazing what great feedback you get back from this forum.......thanks a not

you're welcome Richy Boy :D

You spend £500 on something that's clearly not right and then ask us lot what to do....

what advice would you prefer?

something not quite so obvious perhaps?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Anonymous
    ..this time retrued and tensioned wheel up 1/4 turn on every spoke....

Lucky that they are taking it back. Over tension could make the problem worse.

BTW this series of wheels has the best record of all some of the 2000 and before models are still out there without ever being touched by a spoke key.

Yes, Ive had a pair of Kysyrium Eltes on my older bike for around 4 years now and never had to true once...excellent. My brother bought a new pair of Kysyrium Elites a year ago and they buckled all over the place...he then found out it was a known problem with particular set....so it shows that some models are good and some are bad....just wanted to see if others have had any similar problems.....and Ive also retrued and respoke many wheels and no not to overtension, and these werent over tensioned by any means...
  • Anonymous
    maddog 2 wrote:
    RICHYBOYcp wrote:

you're welcome Richy Boy :D

You spend £500 on something that's clearly not right and then ask us lot what to do....

what advice would you prefer?

something not quite so obvious perhaps?

Ok, youve had your sarcy comment....if you read my first entry I did ask if anyione else had similar problems...would it be worth switching to other wheels....I had already arranged to send them back...I dont have to ask anyone hat to do with the faulty wheel.