Glasses lenses??

lm_trek
lm_trek Posts: 1,470
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
I had an incident i will call it on sunday!! a sort of superman impression is the best way to explain it!!

I normally wear glasses for driving and work, at home i dont bother as the tv is close enough and what else do i need to see!!

I used to use contacts and a pair of oakley c-wires which did the job until about 6 months ago i got an eye infection, and my optician recommended i shouldnt wear contacts anymore, so ive had a search and found some glasses i want, just unsure on the lense colour!!

Any ideas?? i need something to calm some of the brightness from the suns glare when in open country but not also not impede when im racing through the woods.

Any suggestions would help!!

Comments

• I got some sports glasses with prescription lenses from Dolland & Aitchison - they had a deal buy 1 get 1 half price or something so I got clear and tinted lenses.

I've been really pleased with them until recently. I've started riding with a group at night and in some wet weather.

Since then I've noticed when we stop they steam up so when we move on the first few yards are "interesting".

Also, when it rains / you get sweaty it's difficult to keep the lenses clear. Although this is likely to be a problem with any glasses.

I think the frames I've got fit quite close and wrap around. This means there is no airflow through to keep them clear.

I'm not saying don't get some but be aware of the implications. You may be better to get frames that take lenses.

Hope this of help

Mike
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    Yep ive seen the ones in D&A, they showed me the cycling ones with the funky arms which adjust and the maxx 30's but both are a bit fugly, so im sticking with a new pair of oakleys with the perscription added, its just colour of lense im unsure of!!
  • Errr how about polarised lenses in amber? Polarised to help minimise glare and Amber(in a mid tone) to calm the light level down. I find Amber/yellow's a good colour as even when its dull it seems like a nice day :)

Plus, in a light to mid tone they shouldn't impede progress when going through woodlands.