Single 4"9" female, non smoker, looking for suitab

stevietease
stevietease Posts: 4
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
Hi everybody
I need a bit of help!
I am looking for a new MTB frame,
My problem is i'm a women and only 4'9"
i have been looking on the net and the only frame i can find that the goemetry says should come close is Giants Rincon/Yukon/Terrago womens Size 14"(XS)
The problem is i am coming from RR/TT and want something light and uppermarket hopefully without having to go custom.
Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Stevie :)

Comments

• giant make a 14 inch frame for most of their models. most bikes will make either 13,14 or a 15 inch frame.
    specialized do a 13 and a 15 for their female bikes it all depends on which bike and price you want to go for.
    internet (in ter net), secret sanctuary of idiots and nutters.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stevietease

please dont double post (or in this case 5 posts all the same) as instead of teasing us you will just annoy us.

oh welcome btw. :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • terra
    terra Posts: 32
    Try Marin bikes they used to go down to11.5" frames on some of their models
  • I'm 5ft 2, and when I was looking for a bike I was trying out 14" to 16" models. I ended up going for the Trek 4500 WSD 14", which is very comfortable for me. It's something you've got to try out on a brand by brand (and in some cases, model by model) basis, however.
  • Many thanks
    I eventually found the best factory model to be Giants 2008 Terrago trail (XS 14")
    But trying to keep the weight down and due to the fact my sponsers where paying for the bike, i settled for an Orasea custom frame.
    Thanks for all the posts and if you are reading this, and an under 5' female, looking for a decent fitting frame you will find it hard (in my opinion) to beat Giants Boulder / Rincon Yukon / Terrago W or Enduro or Trail models, these range (respective of spec) from 180-450 pounds.
    If you are a serious competitor, or have a good sponser (like me) try Orasea.
    They do really good custom carbon frames
    Thanks again to anyone that posted help
    Stevie Tease