Thule euro classic pro 903

Georgeb
Georgeb Posts: 315
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone had/have one of these?What are they like? Are there any faults?
Also, are they easy to put on and off the car?
Any comments would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    last bike rack you will buy.

designed to fit easily on a swanneck towball but i have mine on a bolt on towball but need to make a small modifiction to get it to sit 100% level.

lockable,foldable and stable.

my only gripe is that fitting 3 full on DH bikes with 20mm forks and 150mm rear ends is not posible as the traks are too close together but i have managed on DH bike one FR bike and a 4X bike with no probs.

on and make sure you have the correct electrical end on as it comes with the new multi pin standard.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • As mentioned above, with a bolt-on towar (e.g. witter) it might not sit "straight".

This can be overcome by getting an ALKO extended ball for £20 - works a treat then. Comes as standard with 13pin plug - you can get a converter for £15 to adapt this to 7pin older style sockets.

Took 2x adult bikes, 1x junior and 1x tagalong to france with mine (got the extra bike carrier kit). Highly impressive - doesn't move at all when fully loaded.

Only thing not to get overly excited about is the ability to open your hatch when "tilted" - in my experience it just doesnt work - depends on car geometry though.

I'm sure you must be a subscriber to AutoExpress, so you can get a 5% discount (and free 7pin adaptor) at
    http://www.roofbox.co.uk/autoexpress/ :wink: