This place used to be cool

2»

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    need some help?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DEFINATELY LEAVING NOW.
    Anton's spelling tip obviously didn't hit home, then... :roll:
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • hu carez abt spelling, cant u understand me anywayz?

this is y dis forum SUX.

i'm deffo leaving now.
  • Well will you please go then.
    You irritating little Chav-U-Liker

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • hu carez abt spelling, cant u understand me anywayz?

this is y dis forum SUX.

i'm deffo leaving now.

Goodness! :shock: And he used to be such a well spoken young man.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Never mind this drivel overmars, get back on to the "girls in lycra" thread and post some more pictures :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    Never mind this drivel overmars, get back on to the "girls in lycra" thread and post some more pictures :wink:

...and the natural balance is restored.
  • It was like the Kings Road, 1967.
    Now it's like the Kings Road, 2007.

:roll: what a load of pretentious twaddle
  • its better than vr, so who cares

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    girofan wrote:
    :? I haven't any knowledge of how the forum was previously, but it seems there is a lot of criticism from the Cycling Plus regulars.
    Ten thousand people can't all be wrong!
    What seems to be the problem? Can someone enlighten me! :roll:

The page that thread is on has 3 days worth of threads, on the old forum you'd have to go back through several pages to find a 3 day old post.

The original format of this forum was so bad that lots of people buggered off. It's slightly better now that the various bits, Road, MTB etc can be viewed without having to scroll past everything else, but by the time it was sorted out it was a bit too late.

I'd say they managed to reduce traffic on the road section to around 10% of it's former level.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Pirahna wrote:
    I'd say they managed to reduce traffic on the road section to around 10% of it's former level.
    Most of which was the same few people talking ad nauseum about the same things in Soapbox and Cake Stop.

The posting levels may have dropped but the noise to signal ratio has dropped further still.
  • Pirahna wrote:
    I wasn't around for the old forum, but I don't think there's too much wrong with it as it is - I'd sooner have quality than quantity!

If I was going to complain about anything, it'd be that it's too segregated - I'm not a racer but I ride on the roads, I'm not a mountain biker but my darling wifey has an MTB and we ride trails, I do commute on my bike but I'm not just a commuter. My bike is my only transport and it takes me everywhere - so which section should I be in?

Not hard to get round though; that's why you'll find me in all the sections!
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Pirahna wrote:
    girofan wrote:
    :? I haven't any knowledge of how the forum was previously, but it seems there is a lot of criticism from the Cycling Plus regulars.
    Ten thousand people can't all be wrong!
    What seems to be the problem? Can someone enlighten me! :roll:

The page that thread is on has 3 days worth of threads, on the old forum you'd have to go back through several pages to find a 3 day old post.

The original format of this forum was so bad that lots of people buggered off. It's slightly better now that the various bits, Road, MTB etc can be viewed without having to scroll past everything else, but by the time it was sorted out it was a bit too late.

I have to concur with the view here.
    It's no use harping back to the C+ days, but it was a pretty 'vital' forum, it had a critical mass that helped-it move at a pace, lots of newbies coming and going and a good focal-point for roadie riders of wide ability.
    C+ was not without its problems either, trolls, repetitious head-banging in Soapbox, but on the whole had its own vibe. Many of those that kept it vital have moved, many have stayed and some like me can't really settle in one place and are hence drift from forum to forum like whores. Others have settled elsewhere and won't be back. C'est la vie.
    BR is mildly better than at its inception, but in terms of the 'Road activity' it does seem to be lacking a certain something compared to its predecessor.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Only in cake stop. all the other forums seem to be as busy, and training is much better.