Which shoes

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 582
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
Hi,

i currently commute in a pair of old sidi dominators. These are great but starting to show their age, tread came off the sole. I had a local cobbler glue it back on, but I am now looking for a similar replacement without breaking the bank. I am only about a size 7uk (41-42) but have very wide feet. I have tried a couple of shimano, but if they fit my forefoot they are too big. an anyone a) recommend a make that comes in a wide fitting anf b) a store 'near' leicester that stocks a range of different makes. I went to Julies a couple of months ago and received very indifferent service, so don't suggest there.
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I have found the Specialized BG comp road shoes to be very comfortable and reasonably priced. I too have quite a wide foot, but haven't experienced any problems with these.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I've got a pair of the Nike Col (about £55)

I've got really wide feet so had to get a 10 in them, (I'm an 8 in width), but the length isn't too long. I really quite happy with them, Nike boots have always suited me though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I've got a pair of the Nike Col (about £55)

I've got really wide feet so had to get a 10 in them, (I'm an 8 in width), but the length isn't too long. I really quite happy with them, Nike boots have always suited me though.

I agree. I have feet like boats & find both the Spesh road shoes & the Taho MTB are wide enough. I think the yanks build on a wider last than Japanese or Italians.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    you have to try em on - not a place to skimp by buyin them off ebay

I did that and i basically bough a cheap, bling pair of torture chambers
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rykard
    you have to try em on - not a place to skimp by buyin them off ebay

I did that and i basically bough a cheap, bling pair of torture chambers

That's why I am after a shop that sells a range
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Where are you, as the folk on 'ere could recommend a good local shop !

Can I assume Leicester if you went to Julies ?
  • Rykard
    you can, I thought I had put that in my OP, but having reread it I didn't (feels like a numpty)
    Cheers
    Rich