O2

martinwitnam
martinwitnam Posts: 439
edited September 2007 in Campaign
So it's that time of year when I can up-grade my handset.
I phone up the O2 up-grade line and they spend the first five minutes of the phone call trying to persuade me to change my contract. Then they try to talk me into not changing my handset and getting a cash back offer. Then to change to a SIM only plan.
I finally get it through to them that I just want a new phone "OKAY!"
They ask me which model I would like and then proceed to tell me that the particular model I desire is currently out of stock but a new delivery would be coming in on the 1st October.
I state that it is available on their website and I'm told that was correct but that I would need to take out a new contract to be able to order it at the present time.
I asked if it would be possible to pre-order the phone but was told that I cannot do this and I will have to phone again on the 1st.
How hard can it be just to take an order and process it on the day that new stock arrives? Ribble cycles are capable of doing it so why can't a huge company like O2?

Can we fix it?
Yes we can!

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    You Sir have a bad attitude to multinational company customer service. A disgrace to the rest of the worldwide adult population who pay good money to these companies.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Stalling tactics?

Next time you go in it will be............

"Just what you need Sir, the new I-phone."
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • What's wrong with your old phone?
    They do function for several years you know.
    Stop being a ponce and get yourself a PAYG brick from Tesco and spend less time having pointless conversations and text volleys.

:D
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • I was most amused recently to see a phone identical to mine (Motorola C115) in a museum.

It phones, it texts, I don't have to go through 500 layers of menus to get to the useful functions and nobody's remotely interested in nicking it. Ideal. :mrgreen:
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Cunobelin
    I was in town last week when a young lady from one of the phone shops approached me with the "We can guarantee to reduce your tariff" ploy.

Girl - "How much are you paying per month?"

Me - "Last month 45p - can you reduce that?"

Girl "Probably not, nice to have talked to you"
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cunobelin
    I was in town last week when a young lady from one of the phone shops approached me with the "We can guarantee to reduce your tariff" ploy.

(Unattributed Trad.)
  • Whilst my above post was obviously a joke, I only get through £10 every couple of months on my phone.
    Only just on my third mobile, and I would still have my first if it wasn't so old you could no longer source replacement batteries for it.

(twas one of those Philips savvy BT Cellnet jobbies, great for opening beer bottles/cracking nuts et cetera)
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709

Cunobelin

Posted 26 Sep 2007 20:18

Cunobelin

Posted 26 Sep 2007 20:18

thats incredible to be approached twice in the same week! :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • She was after his body....
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    She was after his body....

she worked for an undertakers rather than vodafone?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • I've had same phone for around 6 years - Nokia 7250i. It phones and texts fine. Apparently it has a camera (v poor quality) and can receive radio stations. When I got it I paid £13/month but now I get £10 month off for not wanting a new phone. For my £3/month I also get 20 minutes of free calls so I seldom get a bill. My wife has same phone and for same price £3/month gets 720 off-peak minutes th chat to her sisters.

OTOH my son thinks you need a new phone every year with a zillion text messages a month. My combined mobile phone bill for 3 phones is typically £31/month. £3 for me £3 for missus, £25 for son.

Like the oroginal poster, my experience is that you can't phone in advance for deals. I need to phone up within 28 days of my annual rnewal to bag the £10 off. I once forgot and they upped it the next month. Shocking service designed to get money out of us by default.
    Be nice to grumpy old men (or else!)
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    I get a free phone as i work for a cell co, and basically have no call charges and fee upgrades every 12 months, but still have to deal with the numpties who ring up to beat my present deal!
  • Cunobelin
    My PDA needs replacing, so I looked at the O2 XDA models as they run Windows Mobile 5.

They wanted at least £25 per month and then I discovered that this would NOT include emails or web browsing, a further £30 per month was required for that!

Total ripoff!

I will continue to use WiFi hotspots !
    (Unattributed Trad.)