My Freewheel video

Comments

• L60N
    L60N Posts: 223
    UTOPIA
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    What a great video Mikey, it looks like a brilliant event! Is the little boy you appear to be following Little Mikey by any chance?

There are heaps of photographs on flickr as well:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=london% ... heel&w=all

Edit: I particularly enjoyed all the kids (and probably half the adults) shrieking as you went into the tunnel near the beginning :D
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Thanks!!! Yes, that's miniMikey. What a great day out!!!
  • Excellent, what time of day was this?
    We went around at about 1pm and it seemed a lot busier than your video.

Awesome day though and your video really captures the spirit of it.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Shame we don't do that in Manchester ! :(
  • BentMikey
    It was between 12 and 1, roughly.
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    it was busy when i got there. i saw some skaters behind some kind of wheeled boombox contraption thingy.

a fun day was had by all.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...what a fantastic day it must have been. Although I live out in the sticks I will make the effort to get into London next time...excellent film Mikey thanks for posting it :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • I looked for you Mikey but none of the skaters I saw were you I don't think. I had an excellent time rattling along on the old bike.

Could not believe the attitude of one motorists though as I rode to the route in one of the hub rides. It was a convoy full of little kids, but didn't stop him leaning out of his window, on his phone, and telling us repeatedly that we were all w***ers who should 'buy a car'. I really wanted to shout something back but nothing came to mind that didn't involve four letter words and I was thinking of the children...!
  • whome
    whome Posts: 167
    It looks excellent - it took me ages to figure out whether you were on skates (high shots) or a recumbent (low shots). Very confused, and then I realised that you had the camera on a stick!! neat. Is that just the helmet cam part on the stick and recorder part elsewhere, or small solid state device?
    Training, highway design and increasing cycle numbers are important to safety. Helmets are just a red herring.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    whome wrote:
    It looks excellent - it took me ages to figure out whether you were on skates (high shots) or a recumbent (low shots). Very confused, and then I realised that you had the camera on a stick!! neat. Is that just the helmet cam part on the stick and recorder part elsewhere, or small solid state device?
    :lol: I went through the same thought process - bicycle, recumbent, skates, camera onna stick! :lol:
  • BentMikey
    LOL, sorry! Yes, it's just a standard DV camera, an old Sony PC110, on a manfrotto monopod.
  • whome
    whome Posts: 167
    You are pretty good at aiming it for the "odd" shots - Could you see the screen showing the picture?
    Training, highway design and increasing cycle numbers are important to safety. Helmets are just a red herring.
  • BentMikey
    Thanks! It's more luck, you should have seen the cutting floor. :)
  • helz
    helz Posts: 406
    I was at this on Sunday as well - it was so much fun! I hope it becomes an annual thing. I enjoyed the London Bridge to Buckingham Palace bit so much that I did it twice. The atmosphere was great and it was excellent seeing so many kids and families on their bikes. I enjoyed the free sandwiches and other freebies at the festival as well :D
    *´¨)
    `.·´ .·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´
    Power to the pedal
  • helz
    helz Posts: 406
    Oh yes and I saw Boris!
    *´¨)
    `.·´ .·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´
    Power to the pedal
  • That looked tremendous - They should organise one of those every day to the middle of the Great Wen, down a different route. It almost made London look not horrible! :wink:
  • Great video why cant every day be like that?