Warning Aldi Cycle Kit This Week

Suerdusty
Suerdusty Posts: 20
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
Ladies and Gents
Just to let you know Aldi cycle kit goes on sale Thurs 27th

Comments

• Thanks for the tip off, can feel an early morning raid coming on!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    :?:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • mrBen

"Carpe Aptenodytes"
    JediMoose.org
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Well that was mad... :?

First time I've ever done an Aldi sale.. It was like being back at school in the rugby scrum...!!

Managed to grab what I wanted, must say I'm impressed with the quality.....
  • I shall see what's left at lunchtime today!

What did you pick up Mog?
  • Is it pointless visiting a store after work?
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    dazzawazza wrote:
    Is it pointless visiting a store after work?

Depends what you want. In my local store they had literally hundreds of gloves!

a serious case of small cogs
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    I shall see what's left at lunchtime today!

What did you pick up Mog?

Winter jacket, rain proof Jacket, gloves and a thermal skull cap ( came bundled with a pair of overshoes )

Very impressed with the winter jacket...
  • toontra
    The gloves aren't quite as good as last year - no velcro writs fasteners.

The black winter jacket is the nicest design they've come up with yet, basically because there is minimal writing, logos, etc. to say it's from Aldi - just one little C motif which can probably be blacked out with a marker! In the past they've had things like "Racer" emblazoned on the back which I always found a tad embarrassing.

OT: hurrah - 500 posts!

• dazzawazza wrote:
    Is it pointless visiting a store after work?

No, I have been to the Edmonton store twice in the evenings at about 6pm and both times managed to get stuff and even to get XL.

I went this morning and got some nice marzipan.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Sent my dad on a trip for Aldi for me. Managed to get a lock (as a spare), Large winter jacket (nothing bigger - so I hope it fits), and a couple of pairs of the socks.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Bought a winter rain jacket, winter shirt and a pair of gloves. May pop back later in the car and buy wall rack to store the kids bikes in the garage.
    My bike's an Orbea Elgeta from Epic Cycles
  • They also have padlocks (£3) and shed alarms (£9)
  • I shall see what's left at lunchtime today!
    I'm just back from the Cardonald store. I managed to pick up an XL shirt, winter jacket, 2 pairs of socks and a pair of gloves.
    I took a rugby playing colleague along with me, just in case it turned out to be the scrum people have suggested.
    It was fine. Almost genteel. Almost no physical violence or threats of bloody murder.
  • I'll see what the Tottenham store has when I get there at about 6:30 tonight, but I'm not keeping my hopes up :(
  • toontra
    I'll see what the Tottenham store has when I get there at about 6:30 tonight, but I'm not keeping my hopes up :(

That's the one that has a massive pile of gloves and not a lot else.

• Bother!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    The Aldi my dad went to had about 30winter jackets at about 12 today, only 2 of them were large the rest were small or medium. He asked those working there, the rest of the stuff had gone.

So I guess if you are skinny there's plenty of stuff around for you.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Limited stock in our local store, however wife picked up a long sleeved jersey, and I picked up a winter jacket, which I haven't yet worn. Both look very good quality. Didn't see any overshoes, gloves or socks, may have to go back.

No rugby scrum thankfully.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30