Fold up bike

vinylmonkey
vinylmonkey Posts: 54
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
Lovely morning all (in London anyway),

I have just moved house this weekend temporarily and am looking to get a fold up bike to commute to the train station and then from Moorgate to London Bridge.

Does anybody have any recommendations? I dont really want to spend too much as hopefully i'll be moving again shortly and then i can commute all the way again.

Thanks,

Sam

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The Dahon range look good at a reasonable price (starting from about £230)
  • AdamP
    AdamP Posts: 105
    I've got a Dahon Speed P8 and it's good and quick. Try ebay. there's a few chaps who import them from the Asian market. exactly the same as US / UK bikes but different colours. I saved over £100 on the cost of mine.

If you need a really tiny fold, you want a 16" wheel. This covers Bromptons and some of the Dahons.

If however, you want slightly better ride / performance / not looking like a clown on a tiny bike, get a 20" wheel. (like mine, clearly).

Don't buy a cheap one out of Argos or something because you don't want the hinge to be a lowest bidder component and pop open when cycling. This would officially suck.

I do Liverpool St to Victoria on mine every day and it's cool

have fun :D
    Trek 8500 w/ Singlespeed Conversion - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1697041/
    Airnimal Chameleon
  • I work for a Chandlers who are currently knocking out Sea Sure Folders, designed to fold into boat lockers,for £120 small wheel 6 speed or £149 for large wheel 18 speed free delivery you can google it for details. Not top quality but rideable for a resonable price