Winter wear

2»

Comments

• Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    fenella wrote:
    i dont wear tights, as i dont like 3 layers down 'there' (tights, padded shorts & baggies).

i prefer leg warmers (not like fame), as you can whip them off if you get too hot.
    like these --->

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CategoryProduct ... &cat=cycle

Aww, I wanted Fame ones. :( I was wondering about leg warmers, but I was also considering tights that included padded posteriors - I currently don't wear padded shorts of any kind at the moment. I get cold stupidly easily, but on the other hand I don't want to overheat. I guess I'll just have to try a few options out and see what works.

And prawn, could you please troll someone else's thread?
  • As said earlier, lots of layers is the way to go, as you can remove and add according to the weather. As Fenella said, leg warmers are good, because they're easier to remove on the trails than tights. If you get a waterproof jacket, it really is worth spending cash on, as a cheap one is unlikely to do the job, and will leave you either soaked (from rain and or sweat) or roasting.
  • fenella
    fenella Posts: 37
    if you go for leg warmers, they'll need to be tight, with rubber bits at the top so they dont slip down. put them on under your padded shorts. if they are at all baggy, they'll just fall down.

padded shorts make a world of difference on longer rides - if you decide to try them, get a good brand of ladies ones, as they dont have a seam down the middle or bunch up.
  • mudface
    mudface Posts: 1,733
    theprawn wrote:
    a pm would have sufficed wouldn't it?

I don't think that's w1lly waving enough :wink:

Leg warmers are defo the way to go. I have them too. I have nike ones, and they seem to work well.
This discussion has been closed.