Rollers=Punctures ??

everogere
everogere Posts: 68
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Ive just bought a set of rollers ready for winter training. I have used them three times so far and twice I have had punctures. One on the front and one on the rear. On inspection both tubes seem to have been pinched on the side. I have used these wheels for a bout 60 mlies on the road since fitting them so dont think they tubes were pinched when tyres were fitted.
Is this normal for rollers? I am still getting used to them and still a little wobbly, can that cause the punctures? Any ideas ???
Thanks.

Comments

• bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Rollers!
    Get out there in the wind and rain. Come on!

Jim :)
  • Clearly the rollers are bad for your tyres and tubes - - best return to the road for your winter training.
  • You can get tyres for rollers. Your normal tyres heat up on the rollers, because you're in doors your tyres can get very hot, these roller tyres can withstand the heat.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/list2.asp?D=P&Cat=TYRES&Section=TYRA
  • Thanks for you replies, may not be the rollers!

Been out this morning and got yet another puncture in the rear. Will take a good look at them tomorrow.

Just as a matter of interest I checked for over heated tyres when it happened but both were barely warm as I had only been on the rollers for about 10 mins !!
  • If you're getting pinch punctures, you tyres might not be inflated enough, road tyres are normally pumped up to 110 - 120 PSI, in other words, they should be rock hard.

Or maybe you've got naff innertubes.