How many young sprinters......

LangerDan
LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited September 2007 in Pro race
....does it take to change a light bulb?

Only kidding.

However, how many young sprinters is T-Mobile planning to have in its ranks next year?As well as Ciolek, Cavendish and Boasson-Hagen, cyclingnews.com is reporting that Marcel Sieburg, who was a former team-mate of Ciolek in Akud, is expected to transfer from Milram to T-Mobile. (Ciolek only just managed to beat Sieburg in a gallop yesterday)

I believe that they are tagging Ciolek and Hagen as more "all-round" riders but it will still lead to some interesting discussions on the road:

"You lead me out"
"No, you lead ME out"
"I led you out yesterday, its my turn now"
Why don't you go ask Ciolek"
"Ah, bollix"
"What?"
"McEwen's just won the gallop"
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• If they are indeed tagging Ciolek to be a good all rounder then I'd asume the same would be done with Marcel Sieberg. I think Sieberg could be a very, very good classics rider in the future - particularly a race like Roubaix - his sprinting is not up to that of Cavendish (or even Ciolek).
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Boassen Hagen is more of an all rounder than a pure sprinter. His win in Ireland came from a Cancellara style attack off the front rather than a full-out gallop.
  • Well, by having that many sprinters in the team, they've always got someone for the flat stages in most of the races they ride and a stage win is always nice. :P

Anyway, I really can't see Cavendish and Ciolek staying in the same team for long.