What's 'deal or no deal'?

BMCCbry
BMCCbry Posts: 153
edited September 2007 in Pro race
Can someone please tell me? (see below)

Festival of Racing - at Hillingdon
A race-and-recover afternoon of numerous short events at Hillingdon Cycle Circuit. The day will be based around lots of races on the traffic free circuit with lots of prizes and incentives to race.

The day will start with Youth races at 1pm followed by the Women's races at 2pm You are invited to compete in a series of manageable races especially suited to those who are newcomers to racing. With a rest between races, there's the chance to make a mistake and learn from it, to put in a better race the time.

The Women's racing comprises four short races for: non-licenced (ie beginners) and 4th-cat licenced women riders including: Deal or No Deal..... with a prize pot (£2/rider x number of riders)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Deal or No Deal - it's racing where you can talk your way into the money!

The objective here is to get you talking to each other, to agree a plan and if it gets the thumbs-up, to then all work as a group to ensure that it happens.

Before you get down to planning your strategy, you'll be given some basic information: the results of the earlier 4-lap race and also of the flying 200m sprint, so you can get a better idea of who's who.

Then, the challenge you face is to give me (the promoter) the prospect of a race that will be so close to the wire that the thousands who are packing the finishing straight (use your imagination here) don't know who's going to win when you come through at one-lap-to-go. We want you to serve up excitement.

So use the time to talk through some options with one or two other riders… and then offer me a deal.

I'll listen to the various proposals, perhaps throw in a few of my own, and we'll go with the best one/ones. So be challenging…but be realistic.

Examples:

From four slower riders: "Our deal is that we four go off with a 90-second advantage we'll hold everyone else off and so one of our group will win."

From two faster riders: "Our deal is that we give the first group a 70-second advantage and the middle group a 40-second advantage. We'll catch them all and then one of our group will win."

There's money in it - remember that the pot's there to be won. It's up to you to decide how you share it

P.S.
    The above is off the web.'
    The "me" alluded to is not me. :)
  • BMCCbry

:? When you say you're the promoter, do you mean of this particular event?!
  • BMCCbry
    Sorry, just read your PS! :D
  • BMCCbry
    Sorry, just read your PS! :D
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Sounds right up my street:

"Give me a 1-hour head start and I guarantee I'll win from a lone break!" :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Deal !!!!!.
    You've been entered for next years Paris Roubaix :lol:
  • BMCCbry
    Bronzie from CCL...

I expect you know my mate 8)
  • Bronzie
    Hi Bry - nice to see you've finally made it over here following the demise of CyclingPlus forum.

I suspect you are talking about Taffy Tart - "Cuprinol Shed'n'Fence effect" tan and all? Known and loved in equal measure by all at CCL.

Just out of interest, has he talked you into riding the Marmotte next year - he has a growing hit list of names he thinks he persuaded to do it - are you on there??
  • BMCCbry
    Yeah, it took a while (I've had too much work to do), but don't seem to be able to log in as my old self! :roll:

Ha ha, yes, he's the only one I could possibly be talking about! :D

He probably thinks he's talked me into the Marmotte, and was trying again on Sunday, but there's not a chance! :wink:

Think three from BMCC want to do it: Ken, David and Steve. What about from CCL?
  • Bronzie
    Shame you can't be persuaded - think there are 5 or 6 from CCL on Taffy's list - whether they all make it to France on 5th July next year remains to be seen!

Will be good to meet up with Ken again - did the Liege-Bastogne-Liege ride with him in May - top man!
  • BMCCbry
    Well it's still early days for me - I've only been riding a bike for about 18 months. I'll do as much training with them as possible but will leave the actual event for another year. :wink:

Yes Ken is great. No doubt you've heard about his famous whistle-blowing? :D That's why we have 'speed dating' on our club runs!

So you did L-B-L - in that case I think I was sent a photo of your legs afterwards :!:
    :wink:
  • Bronzie
    BMCCbry wrote:
    in that case I think I was sent a photo of your legs afterwards

But I bet he didn't send you this one...............

jazz-mag.jpg
  • BMCCbry
    Very good. :wink:

But, yes, he has shown it to me before. Don't forget he loves all pictures of himself. :roll: