Possibly stupid question about lights..............

lardarse rider
lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
edited September 2007 in The Crudcatcher
.........would it be practicable to use a laptop battery to run a front light that was suitable for MTBing? I am wondering about brightness and run time kinda things.

If this is a stupid question, I apologise. I just thought, that's all :oops:

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle

Comments

• I don't think it's a stupid question at all! In fact I think it's totally rational.

Might I make a suggestion...in addition to this excellent forum try this one for perhaps more technical bike lighting questions. I'm technically apt but these guys know SO much about electrickery and mega bike lights :)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/for ... y.php?f=86

Just going out and buying some £400 light rig without checking out what's possible and on the technical horizon would be a bit bonkers wouldn't it, so I defo think you're on the button in what you're asking.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stupid topic heading though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    I've played with a large number of spare rechargeable batteries from different sources with low voltage halogen lights that are under a pound. Although I never put any onto the bike, it was great fun messing about with them and I even built a christmas tree rig that sat over my front wheel and looked like the mods were back on their scooters