Tight leg muscles information please

rogcov
rogcov Posts: 46
edited September 2007 in Health, fitness & training
Hi all

I got back on my bike about 18 months ago, over the last few weeks i have had pain in my upper legs and behind the knee and also in my calf muscles this seems to be better when i am out on my bike and also when i get up in the morning so i went to see my Doctor today and he said that i had tight led muscles and gave me some exercises to do . he also said that cycling does not help , How do you all feel on this subject and what exercises do you all do.

Many thanks

Roger

:D:D:D:D

Comments

• rampax
    rampax Posts: 139
    I have been getting ITB problems, and have been told that my quads, hamstrings and ITBs are very tight.
    I have been doing ITB stretches most nights, but as yet it has not made any discernable difference.
    I think these things take time.
    I will probably go and see a sports physio at some point, when I have got time.
    The A6 Hazel Grove - "Always the worst part of any ride".
  • rogcov wrote:
    Hi all

I got back on my bike about 18 months ago, over the last few weeks i have had pain in my upper legs and behind the knee and also in my calf muscles this seems to be better when i am out on my bike and also when i get up in the morning so i went to see my Doctor today and he said that i had tight led muscles and gave me some exercises to do . he also said that cycling does not help , How do you all feel on this subject and what exercises do you all do.

Many thanks

Roger

:D:D:D:D

I think you have to take his advice really or get a second opinion from a qualified doctor.
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    The position you are in when cycling can lead to tight muscles. best thing is to stretch them ++ after your ride. Also exercise them in a different way every now and again to maintain their suppleness (e.g. running or swimming)
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath