What shall i do with my carbon frame

FullFrameRob
FullFrameRob Posts: 188
edited September 2007 in The bottom bracket
I broke a rear seat stay on my carbon frame, bikes been written off and insurance have paid me out, so im off shopping for a new bike.

But what shall i do with my broken carbon frame, just doesnt feel right to just throw it away.

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Glue it together and Ebay it.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Just chuck it – it's history now.

*makes note to never buy bike parts on eBay*
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cut it in half and mount it. or just hang it on the wall.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    nypd wrote:
    I broke a rear seat stay on my carbon frame, bikes been written off and insurance have paid me out, so im off shopping for a new bike.

But what shall i do with my broken carbon frame, just doesnt feel right to just throw it away.

cut it up and use/sell it as a very exclusive hamster run...
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    nicklouse wrote:
    cut it in half and mount it. or just hang it on the wall.

Sounds good, wall or ceiling - or that really high bit of ceiling at the top of the stairs.

Seems a waste to chuck it out.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • How did you break it?
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • well it was hanging on a wall . . . (?) :lol:
    There's always one more idiot than you bargained for.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Be very careful cutting/sawing carbon fibre – get a splinter in your eye and you won't be using it much again.
  • beckenham wrote:
    How did you break it?

I'd like to know how too please.... :D
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Viking Burial - you just need a wooden boat, some matches and some Thor songs.
    If in doubt watch 'The Vikings' film with Kirk Douglas.

Alternatively you could bury it in the hope that archaeologists will muse over it in a thousand years time.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • beckenham wrote:
    How did you break it?

Er well i had a bit of a coming together with a car, car pulled out, i slam anchors on and do a sideways skid into car which resulted in a nice crack in the right side seat stay.

Hanging it on the wall sounds a great idea, strip all the components off it, turn the bike the other way around so the crack is against the wall where nobody will see it and i now have a fab bit of " art " hanging on the wall.