Discreet Body Armour

pdrolo
pdrolo Posts: 127
edited September 2007 in MTB general
After couple of early tumbles - i brought some sixsixone padded shorts - which are great - I ride a lot more confidently knowing I have these one.

Thing is as a 44 year old geezer - I would feel a bit of a jerk - with one of the tops on which you look like that bloke from red dwarf (kryten) - I wondered if anybody of of a bodyarmour or padded top - which doesn't look padded ?

(sure I can't be the first person to ask for this ???)
Roadie with an MTB

www.cyclestuff.org.uk

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you could go for just a back suport. and seperate forarm/elbow protectors.

but i have to ask what riding are you doing?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pdrolo
    pdrolo Posts: 127
    My riding is nothing major...I am only just switching over from road biking.

I can go over a few roots and rocks going downhill - but I am pretty nervous - the padded shorts have helpded give me more confidence and to try a few things - I do suffer with a bad back - and wouldn't want to fall on this - I already wear a neoprene back support
    Roadie with an MTB

www.cyclestuff.org.uk
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    pdrolo wrote:
    My riding is nothing major...I am only just switching over from road biking.

I can go over a few roots and rocks going downhill - but I am pretty nervous - the padded shorts have helpded give me more confidence and to try a few things - I do suffer with a bad back - and wouldn't want to fall on this - I already wear a neoprene back support

I wouldn't worry too much about full body armour: knee/shin/elbow guards and a pair of gloves will do the job without making you look like Robocop :)