Dozy tw&t in a Smart car

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
Next time, you dozy £$%^, take your eyes off your girlfriend's cleavage and look in your wing mirror when you decide to cut inside stationary traffic. Then you might actually see the cyclist there, day-glo'd up as he was. Luckily no harm done, although with any luck your paint will need some attention.

And mouthing "Sorry" is not enough.

And if you did manage to do what I suggested you did to yourself, I hope you enjoyed it.

You tw£t.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Smart car drivers, in general, are as bad as new mini drivers, they think they're in bumper cars.

HiViz? Of course he saw you and ignored it. It's urban camoflage, and why I don't wear it.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ive driven a smart car, it was my mates and he let me drive it round a few quiet back streets. it is a go kart with a roof. quite fun to drive especially as they are half automatic
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    ive driven a smart car, it was my mates and he let me drive it round a few quiet back streets. it is a go kart with a roof. quite fun to drive especially as they are half automatic

which half?
    <a>road</a>
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i cant remember, it was either automatic going up the gears or automatic coming down the gears. weird to drive!
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    i cant remember, it was either automatic going up the gears or automatic coming down the gears. weird to drive!

well I suppose you'd soon find out!
    <a>road</a>
  • secretsam
    BentMikey wrote:
    Smart car drivers, in general, are as bad as new mini drivers, they think they're in bumper cars.

HiViz? Of course he saw you and ignored it. It's urban camoflage, and why I don't wear it.

We've done the hi-viz conversation. It was hi-viz over lo-viz and it makes me feel safer.

Confidence now shattered, thankfully that's all that is.

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Those "Smart" cars sit the driver in a pretty low position. A few weeks back I almost ploughed into a lady driving hers through a gap in stationary traffic that led across my cycle lane. I saw her car roof in time, but she was below the traffic line. She looked very surprised as I skidded towards her. Surprise to turned to anger and she shouted something at me. It seems a common response to shock to get cross. Quite amusing really.
  • the smart roadsters are quite low, i've driven one (was thinking of buying)

the normal smart cars arent that low tbh.

they're half automatic in the sense that you can have it as a full auto or steptronic where you can knock the gear lever forwards to step up through the gears or back to go down, if you let it get to a high revs then it will change up for you and will often change down for you if you slow down and dont do it yourself,

can be irritating
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • Stuww
    Stuww Posts: 203
    I've been a smart car driver for 2 years but ended up selling it as I cycle everywhere now!

Smart cars are great and are suprisingly good on the motorway, not just a city car!

Many people diss them without ever having travelled in one or driven one, the new version about to be launched looks even better.

Stu
  • BentMikey
    I think they're pretty cool cars, it's the drivers that seem to have a high proportion of twunts amongst themselves.
  • BentMikey wrote:

If you read the original posting to this instead of quite proudly posting the fact that you dont wear Hi-Viz yet again you may realise that the reason that the original poster of this thread was not noticed was because said motorist had his eye on his girlfriends cleavage.I know Hi-Viz is good but even I would not expect the motorist to see me if he isn't looking.

You dont wear Hi Viz.So what thats your choice.
  • BentMikey
    I hope your morning gets better and your bad mood improves!!
  • magibob
    magibob Posts: 203
    I hired a Smart car on holiday a couple of years back. most fun I've had (in the driving seat) of a car. Massive inside as well. Like a Tardis. 6 speed semi auto gearbox like a Rally car..er...but not much like a Rally car :D

Andy
  • secretsam
    I appreciate all the positive comments about Smart cars, personally I think they're w£nk and look forward to the day when the company goes broke (don't start me on the Toyota Pious, either)

Anyway, am now fully recovered and riding more defensively. Next :!: in a stupid car that crosses me had better wear armour.

• BentMikey wrote:
    I hope your morning gets better and your bad mood improves!!

My mood is fine.I was just trying to put a point across. :roll:
  • SecretSam wrote:
    I appreciate all the positive comments about Smart cars, personally I think they're w£nk and look forward to the day when the company goes broke

I think they're made by Mercedes, so there's not much chance of them going broke!
    Whenever I see a Smart car, I always want to tip it over.

Garry
    Cycling is too nice to waste it on getting to work.
  • When I see a smart car I just want to put it in my pocket.
  • secretsam
    Garry71 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    I appreciate all the positive comments about Smart cars, personally I think they're w£nk and look forward to the day when the company goes broke

I think they're made by Mercedes, so there's not much chance of them going broke!
    Whenever I see a Smart car, I always want to tip it over.

Garry

Yup and nope: Smart owned by Merc but losing a fortune, they used to do the roadster and the horrible ForFour regular car, and were planning a little 4x4, but all canned due to terrible sales and cost of building them. Merc did nearly pull the plug on them, and Merc as a whole was in terrible financial trouble as a result of the merger with Chrysler, recently terminated. So actually, I claim that I was right. 8)

My source? "Car" magazine (I confess, I do a bit of car every month...sorry) :oops: