Squadra Azzurra announced.

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2007 in Pro race
Nicked from Cyclingnews live Vuelta coverage.

What a team!

--

The men to race in Stuttgart will be Paolo Bettini, Danilo Di Luca, Davide Rebellin, Filippo Pozzato, Damiano Cunego, Alessandro Ballan, Alessandro Bertolini, Marzio Bruseghin, Andrea Tonti, Vincenzo Nibali and Giovanni Visconti. Nibali will join Marco Pinotti for the time trial championships.

--
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    That would be a pretty good race in it's own right! Interesting to see if Bettini, DiLuca and Ballan work together, or in true Italian tradition, they'll attack each other?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Nice to see that Rebellin doesn't have to pretend he's Argentinian to get a ride in the Worlds these days.

Can't see Cunego doing anything judging on his performance at the Vuelta, but maybe with another week to lick his wounds he could come good just in time. Still an outside chance alongside the likes of Bettini, Di Luca, Pozzato, Ballan and Rebellin.

I thought Bruseghin was safe bet for the time trial squad - is he too old for selection now at 33?
  • I've been very impressed with Bettini in the past few weeks and I believe he will have a genuine chance of retaining his crown. In terms of the English team, can't really see Cav making it to the finish, so we haven't really got much hope IMO... maybe in a few years.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    What *English* team is that?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL wrote:
    What *English* team is that?

That'll be the one headed by a Scotsman and a chap from the isle of Man then.

I think the English guy is the domestique...