Got a question

triloc
triloc Posts: 6
edited September 2007 in Campaign
If it´s the wrong forum go ahead and boil me alive.. Or just direct me to the correct forum.

But here´s the scenario.
If a guy like me were to move to for ex London and look for a job as a bike messenger what would my chances be of getting hired.
Important note here would be that I never worked as a courier before.

I heard that it´s possible to get hired even when youre new in town but what if you don´t even have any experience messengering?

Is there a chance in hell that any company would hire a guy with zero experience and no local knowledge what so ever?

Cheerios!

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I don't know how they work today, in "my day" (as a London M/C courrier) they would take on anyone - my first week I actually owed the firm money for the radio equipment hire, as I did so few jobs because I was rubbish at navigating around london; 2nd week I got my leg run over by an artic' so had 8 weeks off unpaid. Eventually I got the hang of the job and made okay money, but all the time it was on the basis of being paid per mile I had a parcel on board; so if you are rubbish, the company doesn't really care on that basis.
  • Triloc. I see couriers everyday. They'll take anyone.

Of course if you know central London without having to resort to an AZ every mile then you'll be much better off.
  • Thanks for the response
    I decided to just go ahead and give it a go.
    Worst thing that can happen is I get fired.
    Or just not hired in the first place...
    Anyway..
    Thanks again! :)