Cane Creek SCR5 vs SCR5c

bigflangesmallsprocket
bigflangesmallsprocket Posts: 2,443
edited September 2007 in Road general
Just wondered whether anybody has had the opportunity to compare these directly?

I've just bought a pair of SCR5's for my singlespeed as these are purported to be identical in shape to the Campag ergo levers, which I quite like. They do have an almost identical profile, but the Cane Creeks are actually a fair bit bulkier to grip, and I was wondering how the Compact versions of these measure up?

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad

Comments

• Sorry Dad, bought the Tektro version for about half the nicker. Very nice.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • I've had the SCR5 and both the tektro carbon copy models - the hoods are exactly the same size, the only thing compact about them is the reach whilst on the drops (about 5-10mm less space). This is the reason why I have two brand new tektro sets and some old shimano aero levers on the two gearless bikes! Too bulky for my little mitts.
  • I wasnt aware of the Tectro levers. I had checked a few online shops for levers and the Cane Creeks were the only ones I found that seemed to be similar. I cant check out my new levers properly yet as I'm trying to rest a strained left wrist (so far, just sitting on the bike and resting on the levers in my living room!), but I'm hoping I'll grow into them.

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad