The End is Nigh...

cabledonuts
cabledonuts Posts: 121
edited October 2007 in Campaign
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6991009.stm

It may be decades away before cars are removed from the roads altogether but it would seem that the powers that be are starting to realise the amount of cars on the roads needs to be reduced and soon. Well, the powers that be have known for a long time that the amount of cars on the roads needs to be reduced but maybe only in recent years is it that schemes have been implemented to try reduce the amount of cars on the road, ie congestion charging etc. Manchester City Council have been considering the congestion charge scheme. It's inevitable that other cities will follow then local councils etc...
"Seve Ballesteros, the Spanish bull. A friend of mine said recently; 'What do you get if you cross a ballerina and a b(a)stard?' His answer, Ballesteros."

Comments

• wow a london without cars would be awsome. but if they do that they should do what paris did and introduce those oystercard rent-a-bikes (i didn't read acticle so if they mentioned this then sorry). i heard i paris though that loads of drunkerds have crashed after thinking using a bike to get home would be safer than a car. Ha Ha to them. but that would be worse in london. my father who rides a moterbike (bmw GS) has on several occassions swerved to avoid drunks. it would be worse if they were on bicycles!
    In the valley of high oil prices the cyclist is king!
  • wow a london without cars would be awsome.

Yes. Because the Tube could always do with being busier, couldn't it?

'Son of Tisander,' he cried, 'you have danced away your marriage.' 'Hippocleides doesn't care,' was the reply. Hence the common saying, 'Hippocleides doesn't care.'
  • that's such a lame response it hardly deserves comment.

You are Marie Antionette and I claim my £5
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • And yet you did comment. Which says more about you than it does about the issue.

An outright ban on cars would force many onto the Tube network, which is already miserably overcrowded in rush-hour. But then you probably wouldn't give a toss, because you live on the other side of the world.

*You* are Marie Antionette. And you can keep the fiver, buddy.

'Son of Tisander,' he cried, 'you have danced away your marriage.' 'Hippocleides doesn't care,' was the reply. Hence the common saying, 'Hippocleides doesn't care.'
  • :shock:

You're right. I've been on the tube, and I don't really give a toss.

Here's a virtual pint to ya!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • :D
    Dan
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    One thing to keep in mind is: less cars, more bendy buses. You have been warned. :twisted:
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • All cars are simply a long bendy bus anyway. The drivers do not drive, they simply follow the car in front.
    Merging them is simple evolution