The End................................................

bonk man
bonk man Posts: 1,054
edited September 2007 in The bottom bracket
of a beautiful relationship...... just sold my Viscount Aerospace Pro frame ..... we had been together for 25 years but had recently drifted apart and I started an affair with a Mercian 531c I got from the tip.... so its over :(

But what the hell, I can use the 20 quid to buy some new tyres...

So what is the saddest parting you have had with a piece of machinery?
Club rides are for sheep

Comments

• My 1984 Alfasud 1.5Ti Green Cloverleaf. Was my first car, lasted 12 months, sold for spares / repair after the dreaded rot caught hold... :cry:

Had another one before motoring reality kicked in.
  • My old Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 Li; kept it OTR for 10 years and 140,000 miles and when it was finally beyond repair, kept it in the garden for another 2. When I eventually drove it down to the scrappies it still pulled like a train, the person who followed me down for a lift back struggled to keep up and wondered why I was scrapping it.

Bill

PS:- body rot and a knackered camshaft put paid to it.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    In the end it doesn't really matter... ;-)

For me it's got to be when I got rid of my Dads old Dawes Galaxy. He had had it since 1980 and I had used it for near a year getting a surprising number of miles :)

Had to get rid of it after the cranks came loose and the pedal threads went. :(
    Very Sad day indeed, but I was cheered up by the fact my new dawes galaxy had just arrived :D
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • My 1967 VW Westfalia Split Screen Camper that I sold so I could start my own business. I loved that Van.
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    :(:( My son has just appropriated my old Colnago Tecnos; didn't know I'd miss a bike so much!
    If it gets him riding and fit the sacrifice will have been worthwhile. :D:D
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • My first gameboy. Like a brick, only more fun.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • If we're bringing electronics in then it has to be my Amiga. But to keep with the thread my Marin Mill Valley.
  • magibob
    magibob Posts: 203
    It started life as a Ludwig Superclassic Drum Kit in Black Panther Finish. I custom imported more Toms as smaller double headed toms became available. I upgraded the hardwear and made it into my dream Kit. As a professional I needed a top quality kit, and I had it. Only this one had individuality and soul. Then one night in 1994 it was stolen. The police recon the thieves had targeted me. Parked the car, locked it as I went in to the venue to see where I had to unload. Came out it less than a minute later the car was gone. Car was found 200 yards away in an alley, kit had been unloaded into a waiting car. I never saw it again.

I replaced it with a Yamaha 9000. Great kit but.......

Andy

PS, Everytime I am in England and hear a live kit being played, I always go in, because one day it will be there, I WILL recognise it, and I Will take it back. Let's face it, it will be no use to the guy with the broken arms who was playing it.