Advice needed on some bike questions.

Graphic
Graphic Posts: 38
edited September 2007 in MTB beginners
Right i have beenlooking into buying a new bike for a long time i have come to a descion i am buying a frame and building it up. I have a few frames i thinka re good for Dirt jumping/road usage and for a bit for DH/off road.

I was thinking ofr getting:
Kona Scrap 07, Norco 4 hun, Gaint STP and if anyone knows any other frames that are good i wouldn'yt mind knowing.

My price raneg is 350 max.

Thanks. :)
<center>|BMX rider|Dirt Jumper|Drummer|</center>

Comments

• I woudnt do DH on a hardtail. For DJ, i would go for th Scrap.
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • Ignore the above comment about not riding downhill on a hardtail, the majority of riders, pro's or otherwise would advise learning to ride on a hardtail as you will learn better bike handling skills. You may not go as fast down the hill as someone who's spunked out £4000 on a full suss DH rig but you'll learn loads. If you can I would recommend getting hold of the last few MBUK's as there has been a series of techniques sections called 'hammering hardtails' with Rob Warner.

As for the bike choices I'm afraid i can't help there, try and have a go of them and see which feels best for you. They are all from respected companies so should be ok.

Reviews:
    KONA
    NORCO
    GIANT

Hope this helps.
  • Dirt jumping / road / off road / downhill ? Sounds like you need a real all-rounder. The frames you have listed are all pretty similar, so it is very much down to what sort of deal you can get. You might also consider Cove.

However I think a good jump bike will probably not be great at downhill, and most of the genuine do-everything bikes are full sussers. I suspect you will end up going that way in the end.

Marv
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.