Leg Shaving!

nigelcc
nigelcc Posts: 3
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Hello all, I see a lot of roadies with smooth legs. Is it worth it and if so how do you do it?

Comments

• Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    Do it, but only if you race. Shaving out of season is just odd.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • I put wax but I actually use an epilator - kinda like a mains powered rotary tweezer thingy but the principal is the same as wax in that it pulls hair out by the roots. Worth it? Depends on your point of view but it certainly looks better than hairy legs and lycra!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    once had bikini wax - jeeeeeeeeesus!! it was hideous. I was hair free but I also had huge love-bite like bruises all around my bikini - a real classy look.
  • I have tried shaving but the problem is that after about 24 hours when it starts to get stubbly it rubs on my clothes which creates a rash. It also stings whenever I get cold legs due to the goosebumps :?
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Leg shaving is for women, queers and CAT3 or above cycle racers :D

I'm none of those so I don't :)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Akuma
    Akuma Posts: 22
    nolf wrote:
    Leg shaving is for women, queers and CAT3 or above cycle racers :D

I'm none of those so I don't :)

LOL :)
  • @PhilthyPhil - I know exactly what you mean and suffer with this to some extent myself, but find if you regularly moisturise and shave in the shower/bath so the skin is warm and supple - it really helps. Plus if you keep at it the skin gets used to the condition and more or less eliminates it.

Every year about March I promise myself next year I'll keep shaving through the winter because hacking through 4 months growth is a major nightmare. But every year I fail to do so.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    My wife prefers the waxing method - I think she gets the gratification from wielding the strips and having to live with the stubbly legs. I only do my legs when racing though - but once you start shaving/waxing it's hard to go back - it feel like part of the psychological preparation process now - it also helps a lot with the pre and post-race rub-downs which helps a lot with warm-ups and warm-down.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    waxing!!!

far more smoother than shaving and lasts longer!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • Garybee wrote:
    Do it, but only if you race. Shaving out of season is just odd.
    Why odd to shave legs out of season?
    I shave mine in winter also. It is much easier to lube legs when shaved.
    I use mixture of olive oil and deepheat and this also keeps them waterproof :D
    I always do mine in the shower when my legs are warm.
  • i use a razor when my legs are wet. this has been the easiest cheapest most comfortable way ive found to getting smooth legs, as i have naturally very very hairy legs, after just 2 days of not being able to razor them, the hair is noticeably back a bit... :(
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Why not just go for it and get a leg, back, sack and crack wax :shock:

How come no-one uses Veet™ anyway?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    Why not just go for it and get a leg, back, sack and crack wax :shock:

How come no-one uses Veet™ anyway?

Would you "Veet" your sack and crack?
  • I've heard 'Veet' is not recommended for those more delicate areas :wink::wink:

I can't vote on this because my preferred method isn't listed as an option!!!
    Still breathing.....
  • McBain_v1
    Well if you can't Veet™ your sack, what do you use?
    I've seen the bikini equivalent of a hedge strimmer advertised by JML, and of course there's always http://www.smoothshave.co.uk - but they all look a bit iffy to me :oops:

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    hambones wrote:
    I've heard 'Veet' is not recommended for those more delicate areas :wink::wink:

I can't vote on this because my preferred method isn't listed as an option!!!

go on then, what is your preferred method?
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    I've seen the bikini equivalent of a hedge strimmer advertised by JML, and of course there's always http://www.smoothshave.co.uk - but they all look a bit iffy to me :oops:

The girl in the add seems to have forgotten to put her pants on?
  • McBain_v1
    Oh dear - that's tragic that is :wink:

• sejackans wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:

The girl in the add seems to have forgotten to put her pants on?

What add I looked and could not find her :roll:
    I did find the glamour puss product though :)
  • McBain_v1
    That Jenna Jameson gal has done wonders for pubic topiary! :lol: