Diesel !!!!

jibi
jibi Posts: 857
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Worse than Black Ice!!!!!!

having a good ride this morning, slight downhill, right hand bend, and whoooosh

The bike is above me and I am sliding on the deck.

Mark is just behind me and slows but comes off too, Dave slows down and stays on the bike.

A huge diesel slick right on the bend,

A couple of hours , a few X-Rays and many steristips later I have nothing broken, except pride. But very very sore.

ooouchhhh.jpg

Be careful out there

george

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Hows the bike?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • jibi
    Red

don't make me Laugh..OOWWWWW

I lifted the bike as I fell, of course, so the damage is only cosmetic, so don;t worry peeps

george
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    yeh sorry to hear of your tumble. Glad your mainly ok. Just shows roads can be slippy at alltimes of the year.Just hope the bugger ran out of diesel in the middle of nowhere eh.But as Reddragon said "how's the bike" thats the main thing, we know you 'll be ok :lol::lol:
  • Hi George. Glad you didn't break anything at least! But were you wearing a helmet? Don't want to nag about helmets but I'm curious as to how you banged up the top of your eye socket if you were wearing one.

Get better soon. Diesel is nightmare on the roads.
  • Diesel is nasty stuff, i was taken out by a motorbike that slipped and took my bike from under me luckily the bike we were not travelling to fast, we ere both fortunate not to get hurt. I landed more on the motorbike and rider than on the road. My bike was quite a mess after the motorbike had slid it into the curb.

The incident was reported to the police and they called out the council to clean up the spill.

That looks to be quite a cut around your eye, i hope you soon recover. Glad to hear the you saved the bike, a sign of a true cyclist :wink:
    No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Nasty. Good job on saving the bike though.

I avoid the local Stagecoach bus depot and its vicinity like the plague.
  • Ouch! Hope Blue was nicely tucked up at home.....
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    edited September 2007
    I totally agree. Diesel is a dangerous hazard. Last spring, my front wheel just slipped away on a diesel spill when I was cornering. I was astonished at the speed of the accident. Just pootling along and then bang. I broke two fingers with multiple fractures. I did not realise you could get 15 separate breaks in one finger. My fingers will never be correct or straight again. I now watch the road quite carefully for any tell tale signs of diesel ion the road.
  • jibi wrote:
    Worse than Black Ice!!!!!!

having a good ride this morning, slight downhill, right hand bend, and whoooosh

The bike is above me and I am sliding on the deck.

Mark is just behind me and slows but comes off too, Dave slows down and stays on the bike.

A huge diesel slick right on the bend,

A couple of hours , a few X-Rays and many steristips later I have nothing broken, except pride. But very very sore.

ooouchhhh.jpg

Be careful out there

george

That pic is outside Scorton cafe isnt it George?

I came through Scorton this morning about 10am off Marshaw, where was the diesel spill?
  • jibi
    Yes that's Scorton Priory I was waiting to get picked up. And it was about 10am this morning

The spill was on a bend on Hazelhead Lane the winding part after you come over the motorway from Strickens and the sharp right hander, bottom of Delph, I was only about 1 mile from Scorton.

george
  • Ahh...I always thought your avatar was a pic of Kris Kristofferson! Now I see your his stunt double :lol::lol: :oops:

Glad your ok though Jibi, nasty to fall off especialy when its so unexpected.