Good bike shops in Stirling.

Robert1981
Robert1981 Posts: 45
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Hi, does anyone know of any good bike shops in and around the Stirling area. We're looking for one that does repairs to bikes and possibly sets up bikes.
Thanks
Robert

Comments

• Robert1981 wrote:
    Hi, does anyone know of any good bike shops in and around the Stirling area. We're looking for one that does repairs to bikes and possibly sets up bikes.
    Thanks
    Robert

Try:

Alpine Bikes Ltd
    50 Murray Place
    Stirling
    FK8 2BX
    Tel: 01786 451619

Rock & Road Cycles
    6-10 Henderson St
    Bridge of Allan
    Stirling
    Tel: 01786 834888

Stewart Wilson Cycles
    44 Barnton Street
    Stirling
    FK8 1NA
    Tel: 01786 465292

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • Hardie bikes, Cairneyhill, near Dunfermline. www.hardie-bikes.com are excellent and i use them frequently. Not too far from you and well worth the trip.

I have only secondhand reports of Wilson's which say avoid (cost i think was the negative) and the Bridge of Allan one which is reputedly good though mainly mtb. I think Alpine bikes is upstairs in Tiso's shop and doesn't look up to much in the maintenance and setup dept, though looks can be deceptive. The time i was in it barely had any bikes.

There is also a shop in Falkirk, Smiths i think, which has a decent reputation.

I just had a look at the Stirling cycling club website www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk who provide links to Wheels of Callander, Alpine bikes (what do i know?) and Hardie bikes.

Let us know which you choose and the service you get.
  • fraz167
    fraz167 Posts: 142
    ....seconded.

Well-recommended.

Cheers
    Fraser