RS Reba SL 2007 upgrade.....WOW!

milkywhite
milkywhite Posts: 534
edited September 2007 in XC and Enduro
If anyone is looking for an an upgrade fork around the 200 quid mark...look no further.

I've just upgraded my Trek Fuel 80 from the standard Manitou Splice comp to a set of Reba SL. I can't believe the difference. As soon as I climbed on the bike the whole front end felt stiffer and more solid. I've just ridden it for the first time about 1.5 miles and the handling is sharper, and sensitivity over small bumps is awesome. The poploc is a revelation, and the floodgate is a great touch. I'd always thought the bike was under-specced with the Manitou fork, and I'm glad to say the proof is in the riding.

Merlin cycles have got the 100mm fork at 219.99 with 10% off orders over 100 quid. CRC have got the 85mm version. If you want a set, I'd get them now, as they're proving quite popular.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH you would have noticed the same difference with any non manitou fork.

the reba is a good one though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Got to agree with you milkywhite! I had some Reba SL fitted on my Giant XTC SX about 2 months ago replacing my manitou splice. Cant believe the difference they have made. Bought mine from merlin aswell as that price was too much to miss out on.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    "The poploc is a revelation"

You use an other fork as your poploc?

Sorry.
  • supersonic wrote:

Sorry.

LMAO :lol:
  • supersonic wrote:

Sorry.

:lol: I wondered how long it would be. I knew I'd get that when I wrote it, but was too lazy to edit it.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    milkywhite wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

Sorry.

:lol: I wondered how long it would be. I knew I'd get that when I wrote it, but was too lazy to edit it.

jwell it had to be done as you were waxing Lyrical about the reba.

:oops:

so how does it Recon to the old fork?

:oops: :oops:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Well, it held out fine when I performed a backflip with full pike.

We're just getting childish now :lol:
  • Again,I made a similar swap ,from a Manitou Splice to a Reba SL on my XTC.It is without a doubt the best upgrade I have made.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo