where has all the terry gone?

driverpm
driverpm Posts: 65
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Hi All,
I'm currently using a pair of Specialized BG mitts and they're comfy enough but i really hate the 'micrrofleece' sweat/snot wiper. I know it's a modern material that's in keeping with advancing design, but terry towelling seemed to actually work rather than just redistribute stuff across your face, so why change it for a less suitable material?
I have an old pair of MTB BG long finger gloves that have terry and they're great. So my questions are does anyone else find this? and do any manufacturers still use terry?
Cheers
Phil
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable

Comments

• Gav2000
    Gav2000 Posts: 408
    I got a pair of leather palmed mitts from Sainsburys recently for £3.99 (I think), they have a terry section on them. I haven't noticed a terry shortage, maybe it's just Specialized who are targeting non sweaty/snotty customers?

Gav.
    Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
    Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
    Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
    You'll hear about him ever'where you go.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I don't know about Terry cloth, but what about the real old-school gloves that had leather palms and a string back? I love 'em and have just ordered a pair of GORE Retro Tech gloves to recapture the glory days of my youth :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Prendas do their own range of mitts which have a terry 'snot' wipe.

http://www.prendas.co.uk/
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • McBain, where did you order the Gore retro gloves from? Saw a review of them the other day and fancied a pair but have been unable to find em.
  • @McBain - Mike Dyason do the crochet back/leather palm gloves. Quite cheap too - £4.50 a pair.
    Website - mikedyason.com
    Usual disclaimer.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Assos summer gloves have a good snot-wiping panel made of terry cloth. Highly recommended.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • many thanks, some good ideas :)
    Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable