winter pants for legs

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
what does everyone use for pants when they are out for long rides in the winter

Comments

• philak
    philak Posts: 144
    I'm hoping someone reccomends DHB bib tights because i just ordered a pair . I've heard them reccomended before on forums so hope they are still a good deal at £32 from Wiggle.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If talking underneath tights, most use regular bike shorts, but they can get clammy - better of with Helly Hansen Lifa bike shorts - are padded, but don't get clammy. For tights - how much do you want to spent? - from the DHB ones at £32, all the way to Assos at £150+.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    philak wrote:
    I'm hoping someone reccomends DHB bib tights because i just ordered a pair . I've heard them reccomended before on forums so hope they are still a good deal at £32 from Wiggle.

I got some back in July. They've still got the labels on, weather hasn't been chilly enough to wear them yet, seem decent quality though, better than their DHB bib shorts at least.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • paulorg
    paulorg Posts: 168
    I wear standard Ron hill bikesters which were £11 from wiggle and if its really cold I wear a 2nd pair of the same until I've warmed up.
    If you buy it, they will come...

...up to you and say, you didn't want to buy one of them!!!
  • I got some Altura winter cruisers a few months ago whe they where only £10 in a sale. Haven't used them yet but wanted to be prepared and at the price they where I just had to buy them.
    Going to wear my cheap padded shorts underneath them.
  • I wear bib shorts with leg warmers in autumn and then under bib tights in winter.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • TomF
    TomF Posts: 494
    Decathlon bib tights. Comfortable (the have a pad) and very warm (the fronts have wind proofing material). Reasonably priced, too.