Gt Aggressor xc 3

dann1992
dann1992 Posts: 29
edited October 2008 in XC and Enduro
Could you tell if the bike that i am about to get the gt aggressor xc 3is any good for xc biking races. I am asking because i really do not know anything really about xc bikes as i used to do downhill so i am wondering for information. :D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Its one of many similarly specced bikes at this price point. Best thing you can do is go and try it out. Others you may want to look at are the Carrera Kraken, Mongoose tyax Elite, Trek 4300
  • hi dann1992
    i have an xc3 aggressor, and am reall pleased with it. ive only had it for about 2 months, but love it! for xc its great, but xc racing, im not sure. you'd need to upgrade the fork for a start, as the dart 1 is very springy and flex prone. the frame is great though. ive been thrashing it about since day 1 and even though its only been 2 months, i have 100% confidence in it! :D
  • The xc aggressor 3 i have justy brought has cost me 450 pounds butn this is because it has the rock shox toras and also some sort of maxi wheels and also wtb sseat. I havwe rode it once or twice and it seems to be fine for what i am doing at the moment. :lol:
  • snap! im upgrading the forks on mine to tora's :D
  • I've got one too, had it since xmas. All the drivetrain is now xt, clipless pedals. Best upgrade has been ditching the tektro brakes and putting on Hope Mini brakes. A new fork would be nice though! Tha dart 1 does come in a bit heavy and lacks features, but for a start it's been fine for me.

Brad
    2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
    2012 Scott Foil 40
    2009 Spesh Allez Elite
    2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70
  • http://chainreactioncycles.com/Models.a ... elID=18132

that is what ive fitted - fork wise.
    ur aggressor sounds sweeet, im planning on fitting avid juicy 3's, then xt.
    im very jealous :D
  • I had last years, but got rid of it as it didnt suit jumping. It was a good, lightweight bike though for the money £190 in the sales
  • Does any one know what this bike weighs?
  • Probably 30+ pounds stock. Got mine down to 26 after new fork, brakes, drivetrain.
    Just enjoy it for what it is. It was great for getting me into the sport, and would climb really well for the cash paid.

Brad
    2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
    2012 Scott Foil 40
    2009 Spesh Allez Elite
    2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70
  • Brother got one this summer, XC and some light freeriding. We're only starting out so not doing the dog on the bikes.
    After 2 rides - blown shock
    After 4 rides - bent crank axle
    After 5 rides - rear mech imploded

Constant issues with cog swapping front and rear.
    Great frame, nice and tight but crap components which unfortunatley then need upgrading - makes you wonder why you didn't stump up for a higher model. If it's gonna live offroad, I wouldn't reccomend it.
  • modm3 wrote:
    Brother got one this summer, XC and some light freeriding. We're only starting out so not doing the dog on the bikes.

Great frame, nice and tight but crap components which unfortunatley then need upgrading - makes you wonder why you didn't stump up for a higher model. If it's gonna live offroad, I wouldn't reccomend it.

do you have a new version or the older ones?
    I have videos on youtube check them out

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingyisere93

My bike - Gt aggressor xc3
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    modm3 wrote:
    Brother got one this summer, XC and some light freeriding. We're only starting out so not doing the dog on the bikes.

Freeriding? What do you expect, it is for XC and trail riding. If you want to freeride, get a freeride bike.