Noken Cables

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited September 2007 in Workshop
Are they any good? I've heard they are lighter than normal cables, last longer, smoother efficiency and look good.
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• aracer
    aracer Posts: 1,649
    You've not heard that they corrode and are heavier than Shimano shift cable then?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I've had a set for 3 years - no corrosion and no need to touch them. They can be fiddly to set up, but you can leave them after that - really good for tight cable runs, short headtubes etc. Buy online from Germany for good prices.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I've got them on both my MTB and good road bike. Never had a problem with them. The only possible downside is they can take some time to set up.

Plus, they can be routed nicely and not hang around like the Shimano ones

Simon
  • buddha
    buddha Posts: 1,088
    Another vote for Nokon here.
    I also have them on my mtb. Excellent for routing around tight corners.
    I was 'warned' about the corrosion issue. But this doesn't seem to have happened.
    Downside is the price. Though I got both gear and brake sets for £20 in the wiggle sale !
    <center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>
  • I agree, they are great bits of kit, I have em on my good bikes, and like MontyDog, I also acquired them from Germany, online.

I have never had any problems at all.

If you want to really bling it up, buy two sets in different colours and thread them together, it looks bad ass.

No, no added functionality withthis, but let's not start a shaving thread again...
  • they are lighter than standard brake outer, but sklightly heavier than standard gear outer.

I have them - use them on brakes and they're fine. I have used the offcuts for the odd tight cable run on my other bikes.

they do look ace too.
  • Got them on mty TT bike.

OK, a bit fiddly to install, but very good.

You will find that the ability to steer the bike improves for tight spins, as the gear cables will not be as resistant to bending as the Ergo/STI types are
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.