warranty

flubic
flubic Posts: 289
edited September 2007 in MTB general
ive had my ginat xtc sx since may this year from pauls cycles and my rear disc is buckled as you might know from a previous post. would i be able to get a free one from pauls cycles under warrenty ????

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    will not be covered.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • flubic
    is that definet or shall i email them see what they say?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    discs can warp it is called using them. but most are caused by catching them.

is it the disc? or do the hub bearings need adjusting? i would pop in with the bike and show them the issue and see what they say.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    You dare to question Nick' God Of all Things Tech' Louse ;)

By all means send an email, but I bet you a whole quid they say tough shit!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • flubic
    well seeing as i live 300 miles away from the shop im not going to do that. i have had the bearings tighned. and you can see its warped by putting it on a flat surface
  • Andy B
    Use a flat bladed adjustable spanner to straighten it, like so dt2c.jpg
  • flubic
    does it have to be on the wheel when doing this ? beacuase i havent got a wheel truing stand or whatever it is
  • Andy B
    Yes, best done on the wheel, you don't need a truing stand, but it helps if you have one.

Place a piece of plain white paper in a line of sight through the rotor/caliper gaps & see where the rotor is warped & gently adjust it with an adjustable spanner
  • flubic
    it is warped rather bad i unwarped it as much as i could 2day still rubs but its gunna have to do for 2moros ride. should get a new one soon though