It won't mean much...

Denny69
Denny69 Posts: 206
edited September 2007 in The Crudcatcher
It won't mean much to most people but it does too me!!!

I've just been out (on me bike) did a 14.5 mile ride in 1 hour 10 mins!! ( I was out for 90mins but had a 20 min break in Yarm), fair enough it was all on road on me MTB, but for someone who hasn't touched a bike in 2 years, and this is my second time on it, I'm pretty chuffed with me not so little self!!!!

The best part is though, I work for Arriva driving buses, I got talking to a couple of lads while they were still working, (this definitely won't mean much if you live out side the area!!) He was running a service which goes from Yarm to Stockton via Hartburn on the SW corner of Stockton....a journey of about 8-10 miles by road

I left Yarm 2 mins after him on 30mph limit roads approx 6-7 mile to Stockton (he was on 60mph roads most of the way). The point is I pulled up next to him 2 minutes after he pulled into Stockton!!! Who needs a soddin car/public transport etc.

Well I'm impressed!!!! (re:- 1st paragraph)

Gotta go....see y'all soon
Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny

Comments

• dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    Next stop...Tour de France? :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Ha, nice one! I once raced a bus home in Sheffield - my mate got on in the town centre amd I set off, uphill most the way, about 7 miles. Beat him by 2 mins, did it in 20 minutes!
  • Denny69 - nice one, and welcome back to the bike!

I used to race busses from the suburbs of Leeds into town. No-contest on a road bike. I think I could do it in 16 or 17 minutes when the bus took half an hour.

Over the 32km to the office here I am a few minutes slower than the train - till you factor in walking to the station and waiting there on the one hand, and showering and changing on the other. It's not quite even, but the gripping hand is I get to ride bike instead of sitting on a train.
    John Stevenson
  • Denny69
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Flip shows what a waste buses are!
  • Denny69
    Yeah but if we got rid of 'em me and the wife wouldn't be in a job!!! :lol:

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69
    Don't think I'll be doing the Tour de France yet dan1983!!!!!

It would be funny to watch a fat bloke on a racing bike!!! would be like them 2 hells angels off the Simpsons!!!!! lol

Hoping to do the C2C in the next 2 years though!!!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Denny69 - nice one, and welcome back to the bike!

I used to race busses from the suburbs of Leeds into town. No-contest on a road bike. I think I could do it in 16 or 17 minutes when the bus took half an hour.

Over the 32km to the office here I am a few minutes slower than the train - till you factor in walking to the station and waiting there on the one hand, and showering and changing on the other. It's not quite even, but the gripping hand is I get to ride bike instead of sitting on a train.

I used to do the same in leeds, lived in horsforth ,worked in morley,by bus it would take me 55 mins if the connection was on time ,by bike it took me 35 mins and gave me a great physique(now sadly gone :cry: )