southern spain

rinkydinkdink
rinkydinkdink Posts: 60
edited November 2007 in MTB rides
Going to southern Spain in a couple of weeks with a few mates. Anybody got any suggestions about routes and/or companies to go with. Was only planning to hire bikes to test the area out. There are a few that advertise some reasonable deals, but it's always good to get some extra testimonials.

Comments

• fenella
    fenella Posts: 37
    where abouts in southern spain?
    switchbacks are based in the sierra nevada mountains and i totally recommend them. theres also a few near malaga. i'd also recommend going on guided routes - i've ridden in spain for last 7 years and guides are still the only way of quickly finding all the best routes & linking them up. they can also warn you of any sketchy sections so you can follow them down faster than you would dare to normally on an unknown trail.
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    i have a holiday home near alicante and i go biking at sierra espuna which is unbelievable but by the sounds of things you are not in that region, but if ever get up that way definetely worth a visit.
  • Apparently there is a brilliant route from Mulhulcen the Highest Mountain in Spain in Sierra Nevada all the way to the Med.
    Mainly Downhill all the way.
    I have tried to get info on this route before but not had much luck!
    Someone must have done it / have some info / GPS etc.
    Good luck and have a good time!
  • don't know what kind of biking u do. but if u want endurance/xc try going from malaga up to top of sierra nevada. there is some lush singletrack around there. then down the other side. pretty easy but fast and fun. climbing to the top is about 21km. try it. i did!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    My Aunt has a villa in Granada, I fancy going over next year. Question is what bike? Is there lots of uphill? Also is there harsh downhill?