Brentwood rides (for a returning rider)

digitaldel
digitaldel Posts: 2
edited September 2007 in MTB rides
Hey fellow mountain bikers,

Wow what a great site!

Anyway what I'm asking is I have just bought a new bike (specialized rochopper pro 2007) and have been away from the mountain bike seen for over 10 years. So basically just want to know where's the best place to break me in slowly (my fitness level needs improving) on decent trial, places in or near Brentwood.

I like quite technical, rough rides but I need to put some practice in and get my fitness up as I was allot younger and braver when I used to chuck my bike around before.

Will mainly be biking on the occasional weekend, would love to go during the week but times not on my side.

Thanks for you help, look forward to bumping into you lot in and around Essex.

Digitaldel
:lol:
Digitaldel
ride: Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2007

Comments

• rikk
    rikk Posts: 734
    Thorndon is just down the road and has everything from gentle fireroads to some really nice fast singletrack once you know your way around. Hainault is another good mix and has some really fast downhill and singletrack. Lastly there's Epping, much more technical than the other two but you REALLY have to know your way around to get the best out of it.
    I frequent all three so if there's anything you want to know or fancy a ride out at any of them drop me a PM or email at rikk@golum.co.uk
    Also when you fancy giving Epping a really good bash try the boys at www.eppinghardcru.co.uk great bunch of lads who go out normally thurs night and sunday morning, don't worry about the name they put up with a slow one legged old bloke like me ;)
  • rikk wrote:
    Thorndon is just down the road and has everything from gentle fireroads to some really nice fast singletrack once you know your way around.

Isn't that where the Olympic MTB route is supposed to be in 2012? If it's good enough for that I think I might have to take trip down the 127 soon!
    Don't you just hate it when people ask rhetorical questions...
  • Hey, i ride brentwood park all the time lately... however gettin a bit bored of it now.
    think ill be trying southwield and thorndon etc soon :)
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    For a slightly harder ride try Langdon Hills (again just off the A127 - by Tescos). Park at the sanctuary start and ride off - bloody great big hill at the start though before you've had a chance to warm up :?

I tend to mostly ride Thorndon Park and there are some good singletracks, but you need to hunt them out...
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • rikk
    rikk Posts: 734
    Buckle wrote:
    rikk wrote:
    Thorndon is just down the road and has everything from gentle fireroads to some really nice fast singletrack once you know your way around.

Isn't that where the Olympic MTB route is supposed to be in 2012? If it's good enough for that I think I might have to take trip down the 127 soon!

Nope the Olympic track is going to be at Weald park, with the main technical section in a field as the owners of the forest won't let them sculpt the forest tracks in anyway.