Well - it is done....

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited September 2007 in MTB general
The final touches are being made, but the build is done - here is the final spec (ended up spending a little more than originally thought but I think it turned out well)

Pics will be up by the weekend - phew! In a way I'm glad it's over.... now to get out and ride the damn thing (which I'm very much looking forward to!!! :D

Frame: 24Seven AM Frame
Fork: Rockshox PIKE 426 with Pop Loc
Wheels: Mavic EM719 with Hope Pro II hubs (Red)
Brakes: Avid Code 185mm
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 90mm
Handlebars: Easton Monkeybar EA70 mid rise
Seatpost:Thomson Elite
Saddle: WTB Laser V Comp
Clamp: Hope QR (Red)
Crank: Shimano XT
Shifters:Shimano LX
Front Mech:Shimano LX
Rear Mech: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT
Pedals: LAW Moto-X
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic
Tubes: (Specialized 1.5-2.2)
Rear QR: Hope (red)
Chain: SRAM PC971 9 Speed

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Sounds like a well thought out bike. Nice work.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • joed05
    joed05 Posts: 794
    have you got the new xt cranks? sounds like a lush build but i wouldn't go as far as codes, most probably juicy 7's.
    Best quote ever (pinkbike): "i've heard that Hill pees, deffecates, vomits and masturbates before each race to keep the weight down"
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    How are the wheels? Mines are due tomorrow! (Pro II's red, XM719's!) Looking forward to it. Oh nice build by the way.
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Sounds great, cant wait to see it fully built up.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • joed05 wrote:
    have you got the new xt cranks? sounds like a lush build but i wouldn't go as far as codes, most probably juicy 7's.

Nope, am running the M761 HT II model - prefer the look of them (plus I had it already from the Marin)

Wheels certainly look good but haven't used them yet- haven't had the pleasure of taking the beast out for a spin yet - having some facing done on BB shell - then it's all done

Will swap rotors over on the codes at some point - to 160mm - if they are not too powerful I will leave them......
  • Well, was unp until 1:30 last night after picking frame up from LBS (had it faced and crank/shox installed) fitted all of my other parts on - was very excited.

Took it bak to LBS this morning to have the rotors fitted (had those funny tork thingamebobs) and my gears fitted (with SRAM flax jackets)

PIcked it up 3:00 today and took it out for a quick spin - bloody unbelievable!!! Truly excellent.

For starters, although it is only a 17" frame - it's quite large when assembled - it has quite a dominance about it - my thomson seatpost is down quite low and the Easton bars are superb......

Was worried about the Avid codes being too much but they are sweet - accurate and precise stopping power (and that was after 20 mins - not even bedded in yet)

The PIkes are truly delightful, very plush and even though I am 180+ kilos, there is not too much sag at all when sitting on the bike.

He has done as really good job on the gears, very accurate XT/LX transmission - spotless shiftin given I am used to XTR on the marin - it weighs abour 30lb (guestimate) but really swallows up bumps and decents - had to fork on 140mm max travel... AWESOME!!! :wink:

All teh diecut decals are fitted and it looks truly gorgeous!

It's soooo much different to the marin in so many ways - it's not as twitchy - it's like riding a horse - you fell very high up on it.........

If I had a 'niggle' it would only be the BLOODY NOISE FROM THE REAR PROII HUB!!!

I had heard they were noisy but nothing prepares you for the 'rat a tat tat' as you are freewheeling along! But I suppose I'll get used to it! :lol:

Im taking some photos tomorrow so will upload them monday/tuesday so you can see the beast!

Very happy with the build! Satisfying to finally get her up and running!!!

:lol:
This discussion has been closed.