Aksium v Campag Vento

campagsarge
campagsarge Posts: 434
edited August 2007 in Workshop
I am needing some wheels for my winter bike and am looking at either the Mavic Aksium or Campag Vento wheelset. Anyone had any experiences, good or bad with these two wheelsets?

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. I think the Ventos are lighter and if they are basically a heavier version of my Zondas then they should be good.

Don't know what sort of price you are paying, but Wiggle have Fulcrum5s for about £130 at the moment too. Same kind of weight as the Vento.

Edit: I'm sure someone will be along soon to recommend a handbuilt set of wheels...
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Wait for the new 2008 Askiums - they are a fair bit lighter than the current model and look nice.
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    I have 2006 Ventos - bulletproof and recommended.
  • Thanks guys. I have gone for the Vento's and it was the extra saving of grams that tipped the balance (sorry!).

Magliaceleste, I will let you know when I get my Vento's and what I think if you want...I trust with a username like that you have a Bianchi as well?
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    i have both sets of wheels on different bikes, and there is hardly any difference!

they are both pretty strong and stiff, but the ventos are lighter.

ventos are a bit of a bugger to fit tyres on, whereas the askiums are far far easier!

i suppose its just down to which would look nicer!!! :D
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • ...the bain of my life. Fitting tyres to rims - I have knuckle scars galore! Any tips on making a hard job easier?