Specialized Pitch..... anyone?

adamskib
adamskib Posts: 53
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
Hi!

I have a lovely Hardtail but I am considering full suspension bike... This one looks a real winner at £1400.

I hate this!! I know my Decathlon 8.2 is superb... light and easy to ride quite quickly. I am looking for a full suss to use as a do everything bike so ithas to be moderatly good at uphill as well as down and not pop my kneecaps off like corks from cheap champagne.... will this one do or should I look elesewhere?
(max £2k really)

Thanks all!

Comments

• Sheppy
    Sheppy Posts: 140
    I'm in the same position. I too already have a hardtail but I was going to keep that for racing. I love idea of masses of travel, just so I can go out for a super comfy leisurely ride! Then when I want a bit of speed switch back to the hardtail. But like you adamskib I'm not sure about this one. I was also looking at the Trance X2, that looks like a very nice bike to me, better spec'd as well although not as much travel. Decisions decisions... Let me know if try a Pitch though as I'd be very interested to hear your opinion if you try one.
  • Have you considered getting an end of year deal on a Trek Fuel EX-8? A few have them on here and they come highly recommended. if you look around you can get one for little over a grand (a huge saving) - that leaves you money for other stuff..... :wink:
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Have you considered getting an end of year deal on a Trek Fuel EX-8? A few have them on here and they come highly recommended. if you look around you can get one for little over a grand (a huge saving) - that leaves you money for other stuff..... :wink:

Pedal on have the trek fuel EX 9 2007 at £1200, cheaper than cheapest places I've seen sell the Fuel Ex 8/2007. Ok so it won't have the new 'more things to go wrong' suspension linkage but it's still a good buy.

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/trek_ ... qqTBxx3063

They only have 17.5 though, you might try getting someone else to price match, say evans who have the 15.5 and 21.5 left (tough don't mention this fact to Evans if you try to get them to price match!).

En even cheaper option might be to get the Trek Top Fuel 8, which I squeezed out of Evans for £915 and, even though I don't have that 5" travel I am still in lurve.
    Fat bloke, on a nice-ish bike.