XTR centerlock rotor and Juicy Carbons

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
Sorry for double posting (I think old one got lost in the deluge)

I am purchasing a set of XTR M975 wheels soon and I can't be arsed using an adapter unless I really have to

I am running Avid Juicy Carbons with a 160mm rotor.

If I purchase center lock XTR 160mm rotors with my wheels would they work with the Avid calipers?

:?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Why not just get some adaptors?
    I use Juicy rotors on M975hubs with DT Swiss adaptors.
  • Was thinking about it but just thought for the same money just use the XTR rotors - just seemed like unnecessary faffing around.

How are your XTR hubs - as good as they are cracked up to be - must admit have heard nothing but praise for them!
  • Andy
    The new ones are truely excellent. I would go so far as to say one of the biggest bargains out there at the moment.

I've got DT Swiss 240s centrelock hubs on one of my bikes and the XTR on the other and the XTR are every bit as good so far after nearly a year. Only half the price as well!
  • excellent, I was going to get a custom set built around the XTR hub - then after seeing the full wheelset have decided to get them from wiggle (and luckily enough) the colour matches my bike perfect!!) will go for a XTR cassette as well.......

:D
  • Andy
    Ah I have the cassette aswell! Good choice! :wink:
  • One thing I can't seem to get right though...

At the moment I am running Fire XC Pros which are still a little burly for my bike.

It's very light and will be more so when I out the XTR wheels/cassette on.....

To be honest that bike does a lot of road riding (with lockout on) and only light/moderate XC (fire roads etc)

I have nearly finished my burly XC build (frame is being faced as we speak) and will hopefully have its maiden voyage saturday so really want to focus now on making this one light and fast... (have a specialized BG Toupe Team saddle on it's way in the post :D )

What tyres would you recommend to save weight and be good enough for light XC?
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Heres another one for you Nick

I was looking at the XTR Rotors, I currently have LX Hyrdros but i dont particularly like the look of the standard rotors

Is it possible to use the XTR RT97 rotors instead of my LX ones ?

17120.jpg

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • Andy
    Cheesey

Schwalbe Racing Ralphs without doubt.
  • Good stuff - will order a set £60 a pair off of CRC....... will wait until new rims arrive though!

Bought a set of Nobby Nics for my heavier build - £40 for the pair, again from CRC - not bad..... :D
  • Andy
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=18895

Out of stock at the moment but weigh 370g per tire!
  • Think I'll wait for the Racing Ralph's - exactly the sort of tyre Im after...

was checking out the weight of the XTR M975 UST rear wheel (828grms) the Mavic Crossmax SLR rear is 835!)
  • Andy
    And if something to were go wrong with the hubs the shimano is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to fix! Not that I've had any problems!