planning an upgrade !

kellybatey
kellybatey Posts: 2
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
I am currently riding a rockhopper which i have upgraded as much as i can justify and have finally decided to bite the bullet and go for a full susser. I am looking to spend around 2k. The 2 bikes i have in mind are a specialized stumpjumper epic or a Orange 5 pro. Does anyone have any advice ?

Comments

• Depends - what type of riding you do? I've only tried the 2007 specialized, but the 2008 range looks stunning.

Orange 5 is really robust and would probably require less maintainance
  • baccaman21
    baccaman21 Posts: 523
    Orange every time... I ride orange, and don't like the new speshs... yack...! But that's a matter of personal taste.

Orange is a simple design that works, the fact they don't fanny around with the design too much year on year is testament to a design that works - but again, matter of opinion. As Stretchneck sez they're robust and require less maintenance, whereas the spesh with the brain and it's linked suspension just adds to the setup headache...

Keep it simple - get more riding in - plus Orange is British built... be a PATRIOT! lol ;)(you see what I did there?)

At the end of the it's up to you - test ride them, and see what you like best - with 2k at your disposal you don't want to make the wrong choice... and only you can make that.
    get on your bikes and ride!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well, assuming that you ride like I do... (you didn't say)
    Marin Quake! or a Norco 6 or Shore, or a Giant Reign.

If I had 2K right now, to spend on a bike, that's what I'd be looking at.