Greetings

Denny69
Denny69 Posts: 206
edited August 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Hey everybody.

I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd be polite and say hello and give a little intro.

Names Denny I live in Stockton on Tees (oop north) and I live with my Wife 8 month old son and a Staffie cross who is completely mental!!!

After 2 years out of the saddle Me and my brother decided it was about time to start riding again (with the help of Dr's orders to lose weight). So my bro went and got himself a new bike Yesterday (26th August 2007) and we did a little 12.5 mile ride this morning (he was knackered after half a mile!!!). We both thoroughly enjoyed it!!

I ride a Giant XTC4 which has had a few little bits changed (forks and brakes).

So there you go...one basic intro... :D
Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    alrite denny, new to the forum myself. From the frozen north aswell.Looks like it's cloth caps & whippets all round then eh?Seen a few people posting from your neck of the woods so you'll be in good company.Good to hear your back on your bike.The more people on bikes the less there'll be in cars.Cheers. :lol:
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Hello there *WAVES* - from a West coaster to a East coaster !!
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    Hello from the other side of the road!
    I'm guessing you'll be sending your bro up the castle eden dene from ehind tesco's then- i like it for a gentle run - and it is alot closer than Dalby or Hamsterville ( :) )
  • Denny69
    Thanks for the replies....

I'm not new to MTB as I did it for years before I metaphorically "fell off", I used to love going upto Hamsterley/Dalby Forest and burning up and down the Red/Blue trails, whichever I fancied at the time!

Got some wicked trails on me doorstep...North York Moors and Hamsterley/Dalby forest's are about 30 - 45 minutes drive....just thinking about them is making me go all misty eyed!!!!

Dunno why I stopped......Oh yeah I got lazy!!!! :oops:

It's keeping the passion for it that counts...now that my bro has got himself a decent MTB I'll have someone to go on these trails with (I hope!!).

Well gotta go guys :wink:

Happy riding

Denny
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    there is a local forum here: http://www.mtbe.co.uk/index.php Which is local to us and might be worth aiming your bro towards.
  • Denny69
    Nevermind my bro heading towards it...I just bookmarked it!!!!!

Cheers.

You never know you might see me on the Castle Eden walkway and yes that's where we were today (27th August)...went upto Hurworth Burn and back!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Hi
  • genus
    genus Posts: 43
    Hey all, we've got a little place with a few members up your way too, just clicky linky below! Nice to meet you!

8)