Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

They know how to do it, those crazy Kazaks

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2007 in Pro race
If he challenges the UCI on competence he's bound to win! :shock:

From Cyclingnews.



Kashechkin may start legal fight against UCI
Andrey Kashechkin, who returned a positive reading in an out-of-competition control following this year's Tour de France, is hoping to use the legal system to prevent punishment by the UCI. The defence will be based on the UCI's lack of competence in issuing sanctions for doping and his lawyer, Luc Misson, also said that it's an intrusion in one's private life.

According to Belgian radio station RTBF the case will be filed in the court of Liège, Belgium, if the B-sample also comes back positive. The results are expected this Wednesday.

Kashechkin of Team Astana is fighting against the UCI's regulation of conducting blood and urine samples, and his lawyer added that those "cannot be carried unless one has a mandate from the law. A private organisation like the UCI cannot assume the right to monitor people."
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Posts

  • top_bhoytop_bhoy Posts: 1,421
    If he wins it will open the floodgates for all athletes of every and any sport to refuse blood and urine controls and/or to challenge if found +ve. If he wins, it also means that in future it will render doping controls meaningless.
  • rdaviesbrdaviesb Posts: 566
    He won't win.......

    Goodbye Kash, Don't come back.
  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    If he challenges the UCI on competence he's bound to win! :shock:

    From Cyclingnews.



    Kashechkin may start legal fight against UCI
    Andrey Kashechkin, who returned a positive reading in an out-of-competition control following this year's Tour de France, is hoping to use the legal system to prevent punishment by the UCI. The defence will be based on the UCI's lack of competence in issuing sanctions for doping and his lawyer, Luc Misson, also said that it's an intrusion in one's private life.

    According to Belgian radio station RTBF the case will be filed in the court of Liège, Belgium, if the B-sample also comes back positive. The results are expected this Wednesday.

    Kashechkin of Team Astana is fighting against the UCI's regulation of conducting blood and urine samples, and his lawyer added that those "cannot be carried unless one has a mandate from the law. A private organisation like the UCI cannot assume the right to monitor people."

    Um, yes it can if you sign a contract allowing it to. Someone please tell me there is a condition for allowing drug tests when you take out a pro cycling license. Surely the UCI are not that dumb.
  • drenkromdrenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Boy oh boy! Talk about taking the hard road!

    I'd say just take it like a man and see you in 2 years, Kash. But no... Trying to defend yourself by questioning the actual right to test riders is the closest to an admission of guilt I've seen.
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    If he challenges the UCI on competence he's bound to win! :shock:

    From Cyclingnews.



    Kashechkin may start legal fight against UCI
    Andrey Kashechkin, who returned a positive reading in an out-of-competition control following this year's Tour de France, is hoping to use the legal system to prevent punishment by the UCI. The defence will be based on the UCI's lack of competence in issuing sanctions for doping and his lawyer, Luc Misson, also said that it's an intrusion in one's private life.

    According to Belgian radio station RTBF the case will be filed in the court of Liège, Belgium, if the B-sample also comes back positive. The results are expected this Wednesday.

    Kashechkin of Team Astana is fighting against the UCI's regulation of conducting blood and urine samples, and his lawyer added that those "cannot be carried unless one has a mandate from the law. A private organisation like the UCI cannot assume the right to monitor people."

    what a censored that Kasheckin is...goodbye kash...4 years ban from pro tour thanks...that should do the trick
  • Mr BumbleMr Bumble Posts: 572
    At least we did not get the wrong sweeties\ homeopathic back rub excuse....

    I hope his case is squashed...he basically is appealling against all forms of doping control unless I am mistaken.

    I wonder if vinokourov is going to make it a two pronged attack....
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Mr Bumble wrote:
    At least we did not get the wrong sweeties\ homeopathic back rub excuse....

    I hope his case is squashed...he basically is appealling against all forms of doping control unless I am mistaken.

    I wonder if vinokourov is going to make it a two pronged attack....

    Indeed I hope so too and sincerely hope the this nobody empties his bank savings account in the process to doping lawyers as that is justice too...financial ruin is nice medicine for someone like this nobody kazhak.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Mr Bumble wrote:
    At least we did not get the wrong sweeties\ homeopathic back rub excuse....

    I hope his case is squashed...he basically is appealling against all forms of doping control unless I am mistaken.

    I wonder if vinokourov is going to make it a two pronged attack....

    Indeed I hope so too and sincerely hope the this nobody empties his bank savings account in the process to doping lawyers as that is justice too...financial ruin is nice medicine for someone like this nobody kazhak.

    What a sad little vindictive person you are.
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?
    Doubt you even even have or have ever had a racing license judging by the censored you come out with.
    censored .
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Indeed I hope so too and sincerely hope the this nobody empties his bank savings account in the process to doping lawyers as that is justice too...financial ruin is nice medicine for someone like this nobody kazhak.

    I think the bigger problem in this puzzle may be the Kazak cycling union not accepting the positive.

    It could get all rather messy.

    Dare I say it, it's a bold move on his part. Look at what happened when Hondo challenged his doping case in a civil court.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    whitley wrote:
    [What a sad little vindictive person you are.
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?
    Doubt you even even have or have ever had a racing license judging by the censored you come out with.
    censored .

    Is this some kind of rule I don't know about? Do you need to have a racing license before you can comment on things?

    I don't race and have no desire to but I try to make a meaningful contibution to our little community.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Quite simple iain.,Mighty mouth Dave has been gobbing off about how he raced in Belgium and the continent and on the British circuit for as long as I can remember.
    Dave Stephens or Stevens he was logged on as on C+ until challenged about his palmares .He then chose annonymity.
    I feel sure he will now clarify the situation .
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    whitley wrote:
    [What a sad little vindictive person you are.
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?
    Doubt you even even have or have ever had a racing license judging by the censored you come out with.
    censored .

    Is this some kind of rule I don't know about? Do you need to have a racing license before you can comment on things?

    I don't race and have no desire to but I try to make a meaningful contibution to our little community.

    I´m just at the end of my patience with the dopers. Still there are good signs in Slipstream, in Millar being so vocal against the current culture which is costing him wins IMO.
    And yeah Iain,like you, I feel people don´t need to have raced to have a strong opinion that´s valid. I don´t feel I deserve the abuse of the new contributer above-I´m just annoyed with the last 18 months of headliness
  • rdaviesbrdaviesb Posts: 566
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?

    What difference does it make? Some of us cycle not because we are any good at it, but because of the appreciation of the endeavour, which should not be compromised by a cheat.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Cheat?.
    So you think some little pill or injection is going to make a no hoper a winner all of a
    sudden.
    Get real FFS.
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    rdaviesb wrote:
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?

    What difference does it make? Some of us cycle not because we are any good at it, but because of the appreciation of the endeavour, which should not be compromised by a cheat.

    I agree, nobody need have won races or be a racer to have a view on this. It´s unfair that some riders are only breaking top 10 when they could be top 3 if things were cleaner. Still, things are improving and Slipstream is surely the model all teams will adopt to have credible wins
  • NoodleyNoodley Posts: 1,725
    A bit strong on the personal abuse there whitley.

    Chill out.

    people should feel free to express their opinions about riders and races without personal abuse. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but no need to get personal.

    I haven't seen any of your other posts so imagine you were logged on as someone else on C+ or a lurker to know a bit about dave_1. So you should also know a bit about how the race section operates as well. Sometimes is a rant when people feel betrayed and emotions run a little high, but it seldom results in personal abuse.

    perhaps we can keep it that way?
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Noodley wrote:
    A bit strong on the personal abuse there whitley.

    Chill out.

    people should feel free to express their opinions about riders and races without personal abuse. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but no need to get personal.

    I haven't seen any of your other posts so imagine you were logged on as someone else on C+ or a lurker to know a bit about dave_1. So you should also know a bit about how the race section operates as well. Sometimes is a rant when people feel betrayed and emotions run a little high, but it seldom results in personal abuse.

    perhaps we can keep it that way?

    Yes Noodley
    I guess a decade of fololwing Ullrich, of admring Basso´s perfect career trajectory, Tyler climbing with broken collarbone...then realising everyone was using the co-op of blood doping in Spain, had ignored the Festina 98 warning to save the sport...I expressed that sort of frustrattion and the cheek of the 2 Kazahks...but I don´t want abuse forum members, not a way to make friends on here
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Noodley wrote:
    A bit strong on the personal abuse there whitley.

    Chill out.

    people should feel free to express their opinions about riders and races without personal abuse. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but no need to get personal.

    I haven't seen any of your other posts so imagine you were logged on as someone else on C+ or a lurker to know a bit about dave_1. So you should also know a bit about how the race section operates as well. Sometimes is a rant when people feel betrayed and emotions run a little high, but it seldom results in personal abuse.

    perhaps we can keep it that way?

    Yes Noodley
    I guess a decade of fololwing Ullrich, of admring Basso´s perfect career trajectory, Tyler climbing with broken collarbone...then realising everyone was using the co-op of blood doping in Spain, had ignored the Festina 98 warning to save the sport...I expressed that sort of frustrattion and the cheek of the 2 Kazahks...but I don´t want abuse forum members, not a way to make friends on here


    No ,you normally wait till they've been banned,
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,501
    whitley wrote:

    No ,you normally wait till they've been banned,
    Oh grow up you pathetic little man. :roll:
  • rdaviesbrdaviesb Posts: 566
    Oh grow up you pathetic little man. :roll:
    +1
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    andyp wrote:
    whitley wrote:

    No ,you normally wait till they've been banned,
    Oh grow up you pathetic little man. :roll:

    He knows what I'm talking about,.you don't,so butt out.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    rdaviesb wrote:
    Oh grow up you pathetic little man. :roll:
    +1

    original.
  • NoodleyNoodley Posts: 1,725
    whitley you are not doing much here other than issuing personal abuse and being rude. You obviously have some grudge against dave_1 for some reason (which I am not really interested in) but this is not the place for these matters.

    All that is likely to happen is you slag someone, someone slags you, you slag them back, etc.

    Not what Race is about really. As I said earlier there is nothing to stop you having a difference of opinion. Personal abuse is not welcome no matter how justified you may feel it is.

    Can we get back to ill-informed speculation about Kazaks now? :lol:
  • moray_gubmoray_gub Posts: 3,328
    [quote="
    You won any races yourself,or have you ever been in a race?
    Doubt you even even have or have ever had a racing license judging by the censored you come out with.
    censored .[/quote]

    How does this work then i have never won a race or even been in a race either so i cant comment on drug cheats ????? Ive never played Premiership football so i cant comment on Nanis goal yesterday for Man U ? , ive never played Tennis so i cant comment On Andy Murrays win at the US open ? Och well i used to play Rugby so i think Scotland will win the World CUP :lol:

    cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,501
    whitley wrote:
    He knows what I'm talking about,.you don't,so butt out.
    Why don't you butt out of insulting someone on a public forum? If you've got a problem with someone then have it out with them - this is a forum for bike racing and Dave_1 is a long standing and respected contributor.
  • I think stonecastle is back :D
    Dan
  • NilandNiland Posts: 35
    So you can't comment on the Mona LIsa since you can't paint like Leonardo Da Vinci? Rather boring world you inhabit.

    On the topic, I think this could be a pretty interesting case. Who knows what will come out about doping practices etc.
Sign In or Register to comment.