beginners route for family

2bad
2bad Posts: 2
edited August 2007 in Routes
Hi all. need to pick your brains about easy bike routes for me my wife and two kids 5 and 9.
Because of our kids ages (and my unfitness :roll: ) the routes would need to be limited to approx 5 miles for now.
We stay near Dundee, east Scotland and are able to travel to a good route within reasonable distance.
Please nothing too serious as my 5 year old son thinks he is immortal and would think nothing of trying a 10 foot drop. :shock:
Hope there is something out there. :wink:

Comments

• fatfifer
    fatfifer Posts: 10
    Hi there. Have you tried Tentsmuir Forest just South of you over the Tay Bridge. Its fairly flat, no 10foot drops, sandy in places and dries out quickly after rain. Park at the main car park for Kinshaldy Beach and just explore.
    There are also some good routes in Falkland estate. Go past the Palace and continue straight on as the road narrows parking eventually in the large car park next to the old Stables (this on is free) and again just explore a mixture of quiet roads and woodland tracks.
    I,m in Glenrothes in Fife and have cycled these places with my daughter, now 13.
    Hope this helps