Any advice on this would be welcome

fizz
fizz Posts: 483
edited August 2007 in Road general
Hi

I'm on the hunt for info, and possibly a value on this, not sure if this is the right section for this post though.

push.jpg

Its a Frank Kirk Precision, I think its one of the first batches as it has a patent applied for sticker on it and the sticker also says its one out of 250 made.

105 7spd Groupset
Mavic Open 4cds

I picked it up somewhere in the region of 1990 / 1991 I used it for a couple of years and then it got stored in the garage for a good 10 years or more.

It came out again in January, after a change on tyres and tubes it gave good service for a few months and then the lug broke off for the front mech shifter.

I know thats its made out of magnesium, but I dont know alot more than that

Its been replaced now with a Van Nicholas Varder for regular use, I;'m toying with the idea of selling the Kirk, but I dont know what or if theres a market for it.

Any advice or links would be useful.

Thanks

Comments

• fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Knew I'd read a thread about it on the C+ forums, found in archives eventually;

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... _ID=128380
  • Slimtim
    Slimtim Posts: 1,042
    I sold mine for £275 with wheels etc but built as a singlespeed. The frame was complete and in VGC.

It is on Simon Hayden's Kirk dedicated site if you want to see it.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Imo this bike will only increase in value . I would not rush to sell it . They are not going to make any more . :wink:
    bagpuss
  • Pete Beer
    Pete Beer Posts: 604
    Please let me know if you do decide to sell it. It's on my want list..
    Cheers
    Pete
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    That's a bit of history, that is. What are they like to ride?

Magnesium burns jolly hot. Don't let it nestle too close to your microwave :P
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>