What components to buy?

Joshuashaw
Joshuashaw Posts: 86
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
So, my plan is to this winter buy a Transition Bottlerocket '07 where and who is still in under construction. This bike will get used for downhill, freeride, dirt jumps + maybe the occasional cross country as I live in that kinda place.

Forks I've been looking at is; 66 RC2X because you can adjust the travel on them from 140 to 180 which I would be able to more suited to dirt jumps when I was riding them. Whether or not they easily adjusted or not, any advice from people who've used and road with these forks is much appreciated.

The only other thing I'd like to have input on is that I have a smooth chainset as in the past on my completely standard Kona Stinky Deluxe '06 is when I've been riding rockgardens my chain seems to be all other the place and it sounds awful, so what kind of products should I be lookin for to put on my new bike to make it a much smoother ride? Without it becoming heavy.

Because the Kona's weight hasn't really been an issue, but since I've got more into riding it has been as I'm travelling from place to place cycling up hill is a bitch, I always end up pushing and as I do a fair bit of commuting on my bike I suppose I'd like it a little less lighter than my current Stinky.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Josh