Good Cyclepaths

feno46
feno46 Posts: 66
edited August 2007 in Road beginners
I suppose I must be quite lucky,200yds from my house (down a steepish hill ) and I,m on a cyclepath. It must be about 20mls in total,maybe longer It starts off 3mls traffic free promande, then a couple of mls of dual carriageway then back on traffic free path.

Its mostly good surface, tarmac and concrete, the only dodgy bit is the road section,which is through a seaside touristy place, New Brighton. Its busy on a Sunday and bank holiday of course, ice cream, chips, funfair etc.

Its all on the flat but if you are feeling energetic you can always nip up one of the steep side roads and back down the next one. The only drawback is the wind (its always windy) blows up the sand which would not do the bike much good I imagine.

Haven't done it all yet but I am getting there. Pushing my lowest gear today in a strong headwind, really struggling to keep up a good cadence. Bed early, try again tomorrow,off for two weeks now so that should sort it. :lol::lol:
Its how far !!

Comments

• ean
    ean Posts: 98
    The prevailing winds round here mean that from New Brighton the rest of the North Wirral coast is out into a headwind. On your way home it's at your back though :D

From Seacombe ferry to The Kings Gap in Hoylake is 10 miles. Apart from the 'paviors' in New Brighton you can stay off the road the whole way. Up The Kings Gap, over the roundabout and the level crossing at Hoylake station sharp right and your on the old cinder path. At the end of the path pick up Anglesey rd and then Orysdale rd at the end of which is the Wirral Way. Apart from a short residential section in Heswall it's all off road. A 46ish mile round trip and probably less than 2 miles on the road and flat.
    The trees lie about the wind...
    www.wirralseafishing.co.uk
  • feno46
    feno46 Posts: 66
    Hi ean,

You're local to me then.

Thats good to know 10miles to Kings Gap.Have'nt got that far yet, Can only manage Mariners Home to Harrison dr to Seacombe and back.

Are you in the NBCC.?
    Its how far !!
  • ean
    ean Posts: 98
    feno46 wrote:
    Hi ean, You're local to me then.?

Just down the road in Moreton. I get down your way when the wind is in the right direction (or falls lite). Until you mentioned them I didn't know NBCC existed.

Anyone else here from Wirral ?
    The trees lie about the wind...
    www.wirralseafishing.co.uk