Canadian guy doing the Lakeland Loop (warning- long post)

Canuck
Canuck Posts: 43
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Hi there everyone,

I see you got yourselves a new website since I first posted back in the early spring looking for advice on a UK bike trip.

I don't know if there are many members here from the What MTB forum that helped me decide that I wanted to ride the Lakeland Loop, but it was suggested to me back then that I should post up again closer to my arrival, such that some may be able to join me.

Just to refresh, I am arriving in Manchester on Sept 1st...taking the train to Windermere, and planning to stay at the Windermere youth hostel. Then...SLEEP!

Sept 2. Begin the Lakeland Loop as described by Tim Woodcock in his guide book of the same name.

Though he prescribes that it be done in six days, I am coming as a tourist, and I'm here to see the sights. It may take me longer than that, so please feel free to come and go as you like. I don't want to hold anyone up, or make them feel that they have to stick around.

On completion of the loop (if I don't die!), I intend to make my way up to Scotland to do some of the Seven Stanes. If there's time, I might hit Ae and Mabie while I'm somewhat near them, but primarily I want to ride in Glentress and Innerleithen.

It might be nice to have some off days as well, and if I'm going to Edinburgh, I wouldn't mind having a look around there, too. I heard the Innis and Gunn brewery is there! :)

So once again, thanks to all that helped make this a reality, and if you see a skinny guy on a white 2004 Enduro Pro, stop me and say hi!

Mike
Coming to a trail near you...

Comments

• mc
    mc Posts: 70
    I wondered what ever happened to you.

Have dropped you a PM.
    If you do make it up to edinburgh, I'll be more than happy to show you around GT/Innerleithen.
  • Canuck
    Canuck Posts: 43
    Thanks MC...I'll be sure to do that.
    Coming to a trail near you...